Drug-Induced Erection

Col. G. L. Sicherman

Sep 29, 1986, 9:44:28 AM9/29/86
> Complications
> were few and included four patients with sustained erections that
> required intervention.

I don't like the sound of "intervention!" Did they have to amputate?

"A girl's got to protect herself. Here!"
"What are these?"
"Rhinoceros-hide condoms."
--
Col. G. L. Sicherman
UU: ...{rocksvax|decvax}!sunybcs!colonel

Larry Lippman

Sep 29, 1986, 11:02:08 AM9/29/86
In article <10...@sunybcs.UUCP>, col...@sunybcs.UUCP (Col. G. L. Sicherman) writes:
> > Complications were few and included four patients with sustained erections
> > that required intervention.
>
> I don't like the sound of "intervention!" Did they have to amputate?

Probably just aspirated the blood from the corpus cavernosum with
a 50 CC syringe and #12 gauge needle, or possibly a trocar and cannula... :-)

[It hurt to even _think_ about the above!]

==> Larry Lippman @ Recognition Research Corp., Clarence, New York
==> UUCP: {allegra|decvax|rocksanne|rocksvax|watmath}!sunybcs!kitty!larry
==> VOICE: 716/688-1231 {hplabs|ihnp4|seismo|utzoo}!/
==> FAX: 716/741-9635 {G1,G2,G3} "Have you hugged your cat today?"

Craig Werner

Oct 1, 1986, 11:50:57 PM10/1/86
> In article <10...@sunybcs.UUCP>, col...@sunybcs.UUCP (Col. G. L. Sicherman) writes:
> > > Complications were few and included four patients with sustained erections
> > > that required intervention.
> >
> > I don't like the sound of "intervention!" Did they have to amputate?
>
> Probably just aspirated the blood from the corpus cavernosum with
> a 50 CC syringe and #12 gauge needle, or possibly a trocar and cannula... :-)
> [It hurt to even _think_ about the above!]

You are right. It hurt to even think about the above. Of course,
it wouldn't work, since it would just fill from the arterial side.
Anyway, since Phentolamine (an alpha-adrenergic blocker) caused
the erection, a little shot of Norepinephrine (in a little tiny needle
in an almost inconsequential syringe) will constrict the arteries and
return the patient to flaccidity (incidentally pronounced FlakSIDity.
Incidentally, as I wrote to the Colonel, a sympathethic discharge
causing natural release of Norepinephrine is what normally causes
orgasm and the subsidence of erection. This is just working with the
body's own chemistry, as it were.

--
Craig Werner (MD/PhD '91)
!philabs!aecom!werner

Bruce T. Lowerre

Oct 6, 1986, 7:44:21 PM10/6/86
In article <13...@kitty.UUCP>, la...@kitty.UUCP (Larry Lippman) writes:
> In article <10...@sunybcs.UUCP>, col...@sunybcs.UUCP (Col. G. L. Sicherman) writes:
> > > Complications were few and included four patients with sustained erections
> > > that required intervention.
> >
> > I don't like the sound of "intervention!" Did they have to amputate?
>
> Probably just aspirated the blood from the corpus cavernosum with
> a 50 CC syringe and #12 gauge needle, or possibly a trocar and cannula... :-)
^^^^^^^

I thought it was spelled cannibal. :-)