Concurrent Programming Languages

Jennifer Steiner

Oct 22, 1986, 6:41:10 AM10/22/86
to rnews@mcvax

programming, parallel processing, multiprocessing

Wanted: information on concurrent programming languages

I'm interested in languages which support, either implicitly or
explicitly, concurrent programming on either distributed systems
(i.e. computers connected by a network) or multiprocessors.
I'm only interested in languages which have been or are being
implemented. Examples of the type of language I mean are:

Concurrent C [Bell Labs]
SR [U. Arizona]
Pascal-m [Queen Mary College]

Any references to papers in the literature describing work being
done in this area, or other pointers, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jennifer Steiner
The Amoeba Project
jenn...@mcvax.uucp {...!seismo!mcvax!jennifer}