Smalltalk as an AI research tool?

kru...@gitpyr.uucp

Sep 15, 1986, 9:22:57 PM9/15/86

I am currently working on an AI project where we are
using Smalltalk-80 as our implementation language. Are there
others who have used Smalltalk to do serious AI work? If so,
and you can talk about what you have done, please respond. I
would be interested in learning how well suited the language
is for serious AI work.
We have plans to implement an (Intelligent Operator
Assistant) using an IBM PC-AT running a version of Digitalk
Incorporated's Smalltalk/V. Any comments on this software
would also be helpful (especially speed information!).

Kenneth S. Rubin (404) 894-4318
Center for Man-Machine Systems Research
School of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
Post Office Box 35826
Atlanta, Georgia 30332
Majoring with: School of Information and Computer Science
...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!krubin