teaching APL

1 view

J E H Shaw

Jun 18, 1986, 1:16:31 PM6/18/86
Expires:
Xpath: ukc eagle

I am preparing a 20(ish) lecture APL course for 1st term 1st year
undergraduates, mainly Maths & Stats.

I would be very grateful for summaries (do's and don'ts) of other
peoples' experience with similar courses, and for any suggestions
for exercises to fire the enthusiasm of students fresh from school
(even students who are intimidated by computers).

We shall be using APL*PLUS on Olivetti M24s (IBM PC lookalikes).

I am reachable either via net or at:

Department of Statistics, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, U.K.
(tel: 0203-523523-523069) (!)

J.E.H.Shaw (Ewart Shaw)