Rot13

ix312

Mar 10, 1986, 8:58:57 PM3/10/86

OK, I admit it. I can't figure out how to rot13. What exactly does it
mean? I fear I am not alone in this (we who are new to net.jokes are
easily confused). Perhaps one posted response will clear it all up.

D...@psuvm.bitnet

Mar 12, 1986, 11:46:15 AM3/12/86

Jokes that are "rot13" are encryted so as not to offend the innocent

user who stumbles upon them. If you REALLY want to look at these, try

typing "rotate" or "rotate 13" after you display the file (at least, that's
what we do here).

Alvin T. Lee
The Pennsylvania State University

["There she was just a walkin' down the street!"]

Matthew P. Wiener

Mar 12, 1986, 7:55:15 PM3/12/86

Ebg13 zrnaf fuvsgvat gur nycunorg plpyvpnyyl ol 13 yrggref. Gur HAVK
pbzznaq 'ge n-mN-M a-mn-zA-MN-Z' qbrf gur gevpx. Chg vg va n furyy
fpevcg anzrq ebg13 va fbzr qverpgbel va lbh $cngu, naq jura fhozvggvat
ebg13rq wbxrf, gur iv pbzznaq '!Kebg13' jurer K vf fbzr zbgvba (T gb raq
bs svyr, }} gb arkg oynax yvar, rt) be nabgure ! sbe whfg gur yvar lbh
ner hfvat, jvyy ebg13 gur nccebcevngr cneg bs gur wbxr sbe lbh.

ucbvax!brahms!weemba Matthew P Wiener/UCB Math Dept/Berkeley CA 94720

E...@psuvma.bitnet

Mar 12, 1986, 9:26:45 PM3/12/86
it took a compsci major to clear that up, i noticed .... just an observation...
;-) adam...

D...@psuvm.bitnet

Mar 13, 1986, 9:25:12 AM3/13/86

Adam,
Just so you know, I'm not a comp-sci major, I'm a physics major going for

a minor in dairy production . . .
Cheers!

Alvin T. Lee
The Pennsylvania State University

[ "Sheep? Bah!"]

Peter Ladkin

Mar 14, 1986, 6:46:49 PM3/14/86
In article <4538EV9@PSUVMA>, E...@PSUVMA.BITNET writes:
> it took a compsci major to clear that up, i noticed .. just an observation...

matt wiener a compsci major! Well, I laughed so hard..........

Peter Ladkin

mce...@uiucdcs.cs.uiuc.edu

Mar 16, 1986, 6:06:00 PM3/16/86

> OK, I admit it. I can't figure out how to rot13. What exactly does it
> mean? I fear I am not alone in this (we who are new to net.jokes are
> easily confused). Perhaps one posted response will clear it all up.

Read the "Answers to Frequently Asked Questions" message in
net.announce.newusers.

Scott McEwan
{ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!mcewan

"I'm sorry, sir. According to your identification you're not even born
yet. Come back in 500 years."