Why idealists make good accountants.

David Canzi

Sep 28, 1986, 4:36:26 AM9/28/86
> INNING: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 TOTAL
> IDEALISTS 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
> REALISTS 1 1 0 4 3 1 2 0 2 0

Somehow the "scoreboard" above reminds me of this joke:

A company once needed to hire an accountant. They decided to ask each
applicant only one question: What's 2 + 2?

The first applicant answered "4", the interviewer thanked him for his
time and said "We'll let you know." The second applicant's interview
went similarly.

The third applicant, when asked the value of 2 + 2, checked outside the
door of the interview room to make sure there was nobody there who
might overhear, then leaning close to the interviewer, whispered
"How much do you *want* it to be?" He was the one they hired.
--
David Canzi