We're not REALLY going away, are we?

John Woods, Software

Mar 25, 1986, 1:06:39 PM3/25/86

> This posting appeared over the weekend in control.
>
>=============================================================================
> >From: use...@4pnhi.UUCP
> >Subject: rmgroup net.jokes
> > [rest of bogus message deleted here]
> >
> >Management has decreed that we no longer support this newsgroup.
>=============================================================================
>
> Done? Okay, it would appear that we have a Worm on the network.
> P.S. Another clue: The thing goes through houxm on it's path.
> (Which IS a valid node, by coincidence)

It also goes through ihnp4, which also is valid (unlike "ihpn4", which I
once tried to send mail to after my mind reverse-biased a path...). It
could have been forged anywhere along that path, however.

--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (617) 626-1101
...!decvax!frog!john, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw%mit...@MIT-XX.ARPA

This space dedicated to Challenger and her crew,
Francis R. Scobee, Michael J. Smith, Ellison S. Onizuka, Judith Resnik,
Ronald E. McNair, Gregory B. Jarvis, and Christa McAuliffe.

"...and slipped the surly bonds of Earth to touch the face of God."