Weslink Metroplex

1 view

vax135!hpk

Sep 10, 1982, 9:54:12 PM9/10/82
Does anybody know about the Weslink Metroplex repeater K2KLN on 145.45?
I heard a professional-sounding 45 minute news report on issues
related to ham radio this morning at 9:45am.

Do they broadcast on a regular schedule? Are there more of these
broadcasts around?

Howard Katseff
vax135!hpk

PARC-MAXC@sri-unix

Sep 13, 1982, 10:09:31 PM9/13/82
Re: Westlink...

I beleive this 'broadcast originates from the San Fernando Valley, here in
California.

Several Repeaters repeat same each week (one per week)...

There IS a telephone number that offers a COMPLETE version of the week...
I will try to obtain same if you request...

Tony.
T.M.P. (The Mouse Police.ES)

PARC-MAXC@sri-unix

Sep 15, 1982, 12:27:17 AM9/15/82
O.K. Kids!

Here it is!... WESTLINK 213-465-5550
513-275-9991.

I beleive one of the Hams works at a major T.V. Station and uses the sound
room to produce these marvels...

OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK-OK

I like best to hear of 'fatty'... the "X" WB6JAC (Richard Burton... no they
are not one-in-the-same)...

A federal judge found him guilty of six or seven counts of profane language,
indecent exposure (as the nickname implies... he QUITE HEAVY!!!); he once
tipped over a LARGE round picnic table (the food went flying!) just by sitting
down! but that's another story... he also got gigged for xmissions across international bourders (the F.C.C. claimed that Richard's xmissions could be
detected in MEXICO!... He used 5-30 watts). A few other convictions too...

Richard was VERY RUDE, down-right NASTY, over-bearing and mastered the english language quite well... few on '61 could match his 'show'.

Richard was/is a STAR on the nationally international repeater here in L.A.
known simply as "61"... (146.01 MHz IN/ 146.61 MHz OUT).

Richards' claim was that the F.C.C. had NO RIGHT whatsoever to 'abridge'
his freedoms (speech, thoughts etc.), however, the judge did not agree...
Bad Boys on '61' 'shot-down' by the F.C.C. Include:

WB6JAC
WB6SUD
Black Max (forgot his call)
K6EOA (brandished a gun to federal agents; F.C.C. how came to
do a station inspection... pleaded insanity and the judge
agreed... he is now seeing a shrink under court order and
cannot be on the air even by phone patch)...
WA6LEB (a drunk, got official warning for profanity...)

I KNOW there's more, however, the names and calls eacape me...

So folks, I add that there IS more, LOTS more about '61'... it's exciting,
it's an "animal-farm", it's where to go to have fun (not always clean), it's
the MOST PROGRESSIVE REPEATER IN THE NATION!!! It was on '61' that I first
listened to "Radio Morania", the "Arnie Show", "Sick Dick's Show", "Bradie
Show", "Thumper-John", and so many more STARS and scum-bags... and 'oh yes,
I've GOT to mention the "OK" WARS"...(26 min. (the record) of non-stop "o.k's", where 2 or more can participate)... and "Deep-Throat" (he wants to
put it in Millie's butt)...

I'm just a '61' *junkie*... more to follow if you wish... ask how you too
can put REAL EXCITEMENT back into your HAM RADIO hobby!... roll over Hertz!!!...

Tony.
WA6IGJ
T.M.P. (The Mouse Police.ES)

PARC-MAXC@sri-unix