want ads on this net

1 view

Tanner Andrews

Mar 12, 1986, 6:51:23 PM3/12/86
I must register my extreme objection to the posting of advertisements
in this forum. I advise use of net.forsale (na.forsale, fl.forsale)
rather than this forum.

I fear that if we start permitting advertisements (most of which
will, for most readers, be for items far far away) we will find that
the information-bearing articles are buried under the advertising.

tanner andrews, systems
compudata south, deland
--
<std dsclm, copies upon request> Tanner Andrews

Steve Miller

Mar 13, 1986, 10:54:27 AM3/13/86
> I must register my extreme objection to the posting of advertisements
> in this forum. I advise use of net.forsale (na.forsale, fl.forsale)
> rather than this forum.

Nonsense!

Steve Miller WA4LDA ihnp4!bambi!steve

root@techsup

Mar 18, 1986, 3:20:00 PM3/18/86

/* Written 9:54 am Mar 13, 1986 by bambi.UUC!steve in techsup:net.ham-radio */

> I must register my extreme objection to the posting of advertisements
> in this forum. I advise use of net.forsale (na.forsale, fl.forsale)
> rather than this forum.

Nonsense! <===========================|

Steve Miller WA4LDA ihnp4!bambi!steve |
/* End of text from techsup:net.ham-radio */ |

agreed! <==

Gary Kueck
trsvax!techsup!root
Radio Shack Technical Support #0220
(817) 338-2288
KA80GP

j...@mitre-bedford.arpa

Mar 18, 1986, 4:14:03 PM3/18/86
"This net" is gatewayed to the ARPANet which is taxpayer-supported.
Posting advertisements, especially from commercial businesses, could
jeaopardize this connection.

"Want" ads, which ask for a source of equipment, software, etc., are OK
but should not be replied to by the vendor on the net. Or so is my
understanding.

John S., W3IKG
jhs at mitre-bedford.arpa

Keith Petersen

Mar 19, 1986, 2:31:10 AM3/19/86
The bottom line is: continued appearance of want ads on this net will
result in the severance of the Usenet<-->Arpanet gateway of
net.ham-radio<-->Info-Hams. I don't think anyone wants to see the
free flow of information between the two cease.

--Keith W8SDZ <Info-Ham...@SIMTEL20.ARPA>