amusing eBay auction

Jim Kingdon

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
OK, so, by way of introduction, there was this moderately interesting
article/discussion on slashdot about buying and selling MUD characters
and items (magic items, virtual real estate, &c) on eBay. About
whether it makes it less fun and why people do it and so on...

But then someone posted an eBay auction which I just couldn't resist
mentioning here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=99733062

Well, I was amused, anyway....

Lars Balker Rasmussen

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
Jim Kingdon <kin...@panix7.panix.com> writes:
> But then someone posted an eBay auction which I just couldn't resist
> mentioning here.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=99733062
>
> Well, I was amused, anyway....

What was it? It appears to have been slashdotted.
--
Lars Balker Rasmussen "Woo hoo!?"

Jim Kingdon

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=99733062

> What was it? It appears to have been slashdotted.

Hmm, yeah, I now get "invalid item" when I try going there.

It went something like:

Date: 4 May
Item: Microsoft and Bill Gates

Now you can own your own piece of the computer industry for a low,
low price. Bids start at $1,000,000.

Date: 5 May

As a special offer, if you act now, we'll throw in Bill Gates own
mansion.

Not sure it is as funny the day after (although the original was
better written than the above summaries) and I guess eBay wasn't
amused either .... <shrug>.

buzzs...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2019, 8:50:40 AM12/19/19
Ebays gone to shit now days