zork like game for HP 3000 - (nf)

Bill Frolik

Aug 19, 1983, 3:32:53 AM8/19/83
#R:utah-cs:-180100:hp-pcd:4200004:000:1147
hp-pcd!bill Aug 18 13:36:00 1983

Heard of it? We wrote it!
It's called Warp, and has been floating around HP for about 2 years now.
After spending countless hours playing Adventure, Zork, FisK, and Mansion
a friend and I here at HP Corvallis decided we could do one better.
We put together an enhanced Zork-like parser, built a complete world
scenario (centered around a seacoast resort), added LOTS of puzzles
(including many spinoffs from the other games), and put the whole mess
on a 3000. We tried to include everything you ever liked about Zork
and Adventure, then tried to improve on it.

For those of you who get off on statistics:
* Source: about 17000 lines more-or-less-standard Pascal (sorry,
we don't send it out.)
Database: about 6000 lines of ascii.
* Total maingame points possible: 1216.
Total endgame points possible: 100.
* Parser is similar to Zork with macros and conditional clauses.
Macros can have parameters.
* Also runs on HP9836.

Send me mail if you want more information.

Bill Frolik
hp-pcd!bill
Hewlett-Packard Personal Computer Division
1010 NE Circle Blvd
Corvallis, OR 97330
(503)757-2000 x4082

ma...@umcp-cs.uucp

Aug 20, 1983, 9:14:08 PM8/20/83

We tried to include everything you ever liked about Zork
and Adventure, then tried to improve on it.

* Source: about 17000 lines more-or-less-standard Pascal (sorry,

we don't send it out.)

Sorry, but I don't think much of people or their products (OR their
companies) which come with rave reviews but "you can't see it".
If its a product, tell us how to buy it. If its research,
lets see the paper in the established journals. If its just a hack,
show your net responsiblity: back your claims with code or shut up.
--
spoken: mark weiser
UUCP: {seismo,allegra,brl-bmd}!umcp-cs!mark