Repost of Larn installation query

1 view

Steve Corbin

Sep 11, 1986, 11:28:35 AM9/11/86
Well I did it. I just installed version 12.0 of Larn and played it for
the first time. It's great. Compiling and installing was pretty trivial.

I have one problem though. I tried the -DUIDSCORE option and changed WIZID
to my UID and it didn't work. A .playerids file was still created and I
could not enter wizard mode. I could however still create and clear the
scoreboard. What did I do wrong. Right now I have the option UIDSCORE
removed and am using the .playerids file but I would like to use UIDs.

Also, is there a Larn mailing list? I would appreciate being put on it
if it exists.

Sincerely,
Stephen Corbin
{ihnp4, allegra, linus} ! encore ! corbin . UUCP

Oops, I forgot to mention that I am using UMAX4.2 which is a port
of 4.2bsd for the Encore Multimax.

Peter

Sep 12, 1986, 5:54:03 AM9/12/86
In article <3...@encore.UUCP> cor...@encore.UUCP (Steve Corbin) writes:

>Also, is there a Larn mailing list? I would appreciate being put on it
>if it exists.

Why don't we start one!

P.S. Any larn "Hackers" out there, Boy do I have a version for you!!
P.P.S. I lost the original source else I whould send it to the
less fortunate -- any body want a copy of my ver.
( The Changes will be posted ).

Pete Shipley:

email: shi...@violet.berkeley.edu Flames: cc...@cory.berkeley.edu
ucbvax!violet!shipley ucbvax!cory!cc-29

Spelling
corections: /dev/null Quote: "Anger is an energy"

I use to be shi...@pavepaws.Berkeley.EDU but pavepaws
kicked the bucket... R.I.P (Sigh)