LARN for IBM PC

Brian Schoner

Nov 17, 1986, 8:36:05 PM11/17/86
(Heere lineeater lineeater lineeater.....<WHAM!>)

Did someone say the words "LARN source
for the IBM PC wanted?" I'll take one, buy, beg
borrow or steal one. Keep my name on your mailing
list - pleeeeeeeze!

-Brian Schoner (BCSCHONE at PUCC)

sban...@uvicctr.uucp

Nov 19, 1986, 7:16:56 PM11/19/86
In article <13...@PUCC.BITNET> BCSC...@PUCC.BITNET writes:
>Did someone say the words "LARN source
>for the IBM PC wanted?" I'll take one, buy, beg
>borrow or steal one. Keep my name on your mailing
>list - pleeeeeeeze!

I am working on this, but if anyone outthere has it allready, please
let me know too (I don't have time to PLAY Larn, much less try porting
it!!!).

S. John Banner

UUCP: ...!uw-beaver!uvicctr!sbanner1
BITNET: ccsjb@uvvm
EAN: sban...@uvunix.uvic.cdn

s...@paisley.uucp

Nov 21, 1986, 9:54:09 AM11/21/86
In article <13...@PUCC.BITNET> BCSC...@PUCC.BITNET writes:

I wouldn't mind a copy too.

Scotty

JANET: s...@uk.ac.paisley.cs Scott Wilson
EMAIL: s...@cs.paisley.ac.uk | Post: Paisley College
UUCP: ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!paisley!swi| Department of Mathematics,
Phone: +44 41 887 1241 Ext. 260 | High St. Paisley.
| Scotland.
| PA1 2BE

Kerr Gibson

Nov 21, 1986, 12:51:22 PM11/21/86

I'm just subscribes to net.games. Will someone please
tell me what is LARN and how can I get the sources for a Vax 11/780?

thanx
--Kerr Gibson
gib...@ohio-state.ARPA

far...@hoptoad.uucp

Nov 23, 1986, 12:26:37 AM11/23/86
I have recieved the version of LARN done by Tom Kneller (you know, the guy
that did HACK for the PC), and will have it up on my BBS system for down-
I will NOT mail copies, copy disks, or any of that stuff - I don't have
time, and my last experience with that didn't work at all (not to mention
that I have no current stable address!)

BTW, any of you who ordered HACK from me, and sent me diskettes, but have
not yet recieved HACK, please send me mail. All of the diskettes should
have been recieved by now, but there are always cracks, 'specially when
you're dealing with a crackpot like myself...

The BBS number is (415)655-0667. (oh, yeah. HACK3.5 is also available.)

--
----------------
"... if the church put in half the time on covetousness

all...@hope.uucp

Nov 23, 1986, 3:39:04 AM11/23/86

> In article <13...@PUCC.BITNET> BCSC...@PUCC.BITNET writes:
>>(Heere lineeater lineeater lineeater.....<WHAM!>)
>>

>>Did someone say the words "LARN source
>>for the IBM PC wanted?" I'll take one, buy, beg
>>borrow or steal one. Keep my name on your mailing
>>list - pleeeeeeeze!

According to article posted on OCT 30 (i only have a hard copy)
Don Kneller
UUCP ...ucbvax!ucsfcg1!kneller
distributes LARN PC 12
for the IBM PC. supposely he will send you a copy on floppy.
"HI DON! If you are reading this"
I have sent the floppies about 2 weeks ago but I havent gotten
anything back yet.

-ken

UUCP: {ucbvax!ucdavis,sdcsvax,ucivax}!ucrmath!hope!allanon
ARPA: ucrmath!hope!all...@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu
UUPC: root@despair (User to Unix Personal computer) :-)

Kurt L. Reisler

Nov 24, 1986, 11:11:57 AM11/24/86

The GENERIC MS/PC-DOS version of LARN has been available for
several weeks on the FIDONET nodes listed below. 109/74
(The Bear's Den) supports 2400 baud. So far, only rave reviews
for Don Kneller's port.

--

Kurt L. Reisler
UNISIG Chairman, DECUS US Chapter | Hadron, Inc.

Don Kneller%Langridge

Nov 25, 1986, 12:10:24 AM11/25/86
>According to article posted on OCT 30 (i only have a hard copy)
>Don Kneller
> UUCP ...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!kneller

>distributes LARN PC 12
>for the IBM PC. supposely he will send you a copy on floppy.
>"HI DON! If you are reading this"
>I have sent the floppies about 2 weeks ago but I havent gotten
>anything back yet.

Supposedly you have my net address and can send the complaint here.
Perhaps if you'd have sent a self-addressed stamped mailer instead of
assuming I would be happy to take your $2 and go buy a mailer and
postage and address it for you. Then, perhaps you'd have seen your
floppies by now. Two whole weeks !?

Repeating the offer:

I've posted an MSDOS version of LARN to NOSC-COD.ARPA in directory
pub/hack, available for anonymous ftp. For people without ARPANET
connections I will copy LARN onto diskettes for them. Send 1
formatted DSDD MSDOS diskette (2, if you want sources), or 1 DSQD
diskette; and 1 self-addressed and stamped floppy mailer to:

USMAIL: D. G. Kneller
2 Panoramic Way #204
Berkeley, CA 94704

Please enclose a note as to what you want, since I'm doing the same
thing with PC HACK. Under no circumstances can I email Larn to you
directly.
--
Don Kneller
UUCP: ...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!kneller
ARPA: kne...@cgl.ucsf.edu
BITNET: kne...@ucsfcgl.BITNET

]ke Sandgren

Nov 25, 1986, 8:06:49 AM11/25/86

In article <2...@paisley.ac.uk> s...@cs.paisley.ac.uk (S. Wilson) writes:
>In article <13...@PUCC.BITNET> BCSC...@PUCC.BITNET writes:
>>(Heere lineeater lineeater lineeater.....<WHAM!>)
>>

>>Did someone say the words "LARN source
>>for the IBM PC wanted?" I'll take one, buy, beg
>>borrow or steal one. Keep my name on your mailing
>>list - pleeeeeeeze!
>>

>>-Brian Schoner (BCSCHONE at PUCC)
>
>I wouldn't mind a copy too.
>
>Scotty

Same here!

Ake

Kenneth Leung

Nov 26, 1986, 1:39:20 AM11/26/86

>>for the IBM PC. supposely he will send you a copy on floppy.
>>"HI DON! If you are reading this"
>>I have sent the floppies about 2 weeks ago but I havent gotten
>>anything back yet.
>
> Supposedly you have my net address and can send the complaint here.
Oooops! sorry about that...........

> Perhaps if you'd have sent a self-addressed stamped mailer instead of
> assuming I would be happy to take your $2 and go buy a mailer and
> postage and address it for you. Then, perhaps you'd have seen your
> floppies by now. Two whole weeks !?
I repeat my apologies.... I wasnt thinking straight... mailing
diskette mailer.......