The best videogame cartridge copier in Lawrence Chiu's opinion

Lawrence Chiu

Nov 7, 1994, 3:24:24 PM11/7/94
The GDSF6 is the most feature-rich videogame cartridge copier available.

1. Memory expandable to 128M, available right now in this configuration.
You do not need to send the unit back to the dealer for memory upgrades.
With other systems such as the Double Profighter, Profighter X, Super
UFO Super Drive Pro.7, Super Wild Card DX, etc., you must ship
the unit back to the dealer. Some dealers may provide special services,
but the grist of it is that you will not be able to use your machine.
2. The ability to load multiple games into memory and switch between
them with the y button at the main menu. Load your favorite videogames
into memory and play them whenever you want, without the need to reload
from floppy disks each time. The number of games you can load depends
on memory capacity M, and is equal to M/8. For example, on a 32M GDSF6
(M=32), you can load up to 4 games (M/8 = 32/8 = 4). With other systems
such as the Double Profighter, Profighter X, Super UFO Super Drive
Pro.7, Super Wild Card DX, etc. you can load only 1 game into memory at
a time.
3. The ability to retain memory contents even when SNES is off. This
feature is particularly valuable in conjunction with #2. Large
videogames such as Super Street Fighter II (32M, 4 disks) require a long
time to load. With other systems such as the Double Profighter,
Profighter X, Super Wild Card DX, etc., you have to re-load every time
you turn the SNES on. To the Super UFO Super Drive Pro.7's credit, this
feature is available as standard equipment.
4. The GDSF6 has artificial intelligence to defeat copy protection.
Disney's Aladdin, Clay Fighter, Claymates, Final Fight 2, Megaman X, NBA
Jam, Rock N' Roll Racing, and Tetris 2, work just fine.
5. The GDSF6's operating system allows you to perform many tasks,
suspend them if necessary if working on multiple disks, and resume. For
example, you are copying a 32M videogame cartridge onto 4 disks. While
writing disk 4, you get a "Verify Disk Error." No problem. Simply
replace the disk with another. With other systems such as the Double
Profighter, Profighter X, Super UFO Super Drive Pro.7, Super Wild Card
DX, etc., the entire process aborts and you have to start over with the
first disk again. What if you don't have another formatted disk? With
the GDSF6, press SELECT on your control pad to abort the process, format
a disk, and resume copying the videogame cartridge at disk 4. With
other systems such as the Double Profighter, Profighter X, Super UFO
Super Drive Pro.7, Super Wild Card DX, etc., you have to start over with
the first disk again. Another example, you are loading a videogame
stored on multiple disks. Upon being asked to insert disk 3, you can't
find disk 3 (you didn't have time to label them yet.) Abort the
process, use the directory option to look at various disks until you
find the right disk, then resume loading at disk 3. On other systems
such as the Double Profighter, Profighter X, Super UFO Super Drive
Pro.7, Super Wild Card DX, etc., you have to start over again with the
first disk again.
6. The GDSF6 can seemingly anticipate your needs and responds
accordingly. Insert a disk and turn on the SNES. The GDSF6 will load
the first game on the disk with no intervention on your part. If there
is a videogame cartridge in the cartridge slot and no disk in the disk
drive, it will run the videogame cartridge with no intervention on your
part. It is a joy to use.
7. The GDSF6 can copy videogame cartridges without disks, up to M/8. (M
is as defined above.) The copies are retained in memory as long as the
unit remains plugged into a power supply. Write out the videogame to
disks at YOUR convenience. On other systems such as the Double
Profighter, Profighter X, Super UFO Super Drive Pro.7, Super Wild Card
DX, etc., you must have blank disks ready at all times.
8. The GDSF6 has a parallel port built-in. On other systems such as the
Double Profighter or Profighter X, this is a costly option. On yet
other systems such as the Super UFO Super Drive Pro.7, it doesn't exist.
To the Super Wild Card's credit, a parallel port is standard equipment.
9. The GDSF6 has a DSP option, so that DSP-enhances videogames can be
played. On other systems such as the MGH, this is simply not possible.
To the Profighter X's credit, DSP is standard equipment.

DEFICIENCIES
1. The GDSF6 will not read files generated by the Super Magicom,
Supercom Pro.1, Super Wild Card, Profighter X, and Double Profighter
(although conversion is possible.)

And that is why I feel the GDSF6 is the best videogame cartridge copier
available. You can count on me to tell it like it is, since I carry all
the brands. I have logged countless hours on ALL the systems. I know
which one is a joy to use and which one I can't tolerate on a day to day
basis. Having said that, I consider the Super Wild Card DX an excellent
videogame cartridge copier, as is the Super UFO Super Drive Pro.7,
although they do not have enough of the features I consider
indispensible to make them my PERSONAL machine.

rev.941106
---
Regards,
Lawrence Chiu Internet: ch...@crl.com Compuserve: 75152,67
(800) 742-5784 ORDERS/CUSTOMER SERVICE (510) 799-3875 (707) 552-0840 fax
- Mastercard, Visa, or American Express accepted -
Videogame Cartridges, Videogame Cartridge Copiers, and Videogame Accessories
(SNES/Genesis/Jaguar) <this space intentionally left blank> Since 1991
Videogame Cartridge Copiers for the lowest and best prices in North America!
(SNES/Genesis) Anonymous-FTP site: ftp.crl.com Directory: /users/ro/chiu