rerequest for info on weapons

wood

Feb 6, 1986, 7:20:56 PM2/6/86
This is another plea for information on which weapons are best to use
(adv. rogue (4 classes) 4.4).

I normally play a magic-user, and so can't use a two-handed or bastard sword.
Should I hold out for a long sword? A battle axe? Or should I take a
blessed pike/halbard. And what is a spetum?

Any replies will be appreciated.

By the way, is a flying potion good or bad?

---------------------
M. Z. Krumbein
gecon at att-bl wh3a331
whuxb!steve mhuxm!mphw
1-201-386-3193
---------------------

l...@labsms.uucp

Mar 6, 1986, 7:44:00 PM3/6/86

[ rogue weapon values - - - ]

ahold of the following, These are the values for the weapons on the version of
rogue I play. I dont know how they compare with other people's versions.
Each is the value for a wielded weapon.

arrow 1d1
bardiche 3d4
bastard sword 2d8
battle axe 1d8
crossbow 1d1
crossbow bolt 1d2
dagger 1d6
dart 1d1
halberd 2d6
long sword 1d12
mace 2d4
pike 1d12
rock 1d2
short bow 1d1
sling 0d0
spear 1d6
spetum 2d6
trident 3d4
two-handed sword 3d6

The value for rock is if you are wielding a sling,
The value for arrow is if you are wielding a bow,
The value for crossbow bolt is if you are wielding a crossbow.

The notations XdY means X die Y where you have X dice, each Y sided.
Therefore a 3d4 (trident) means you have 3 dice, each one 4 sided,
you can roll anything from a 3 (all balls) to a 12 (all 4's).

There are other attributes to take into account on weapons (besides
the values above). Such as weight, price, etc, etc.

If a weapon has two numbers in front of it, like a "+3 +4 mace", that means
that +3 is added to your chances of hitting a monster when you attack, and
that +4 is added into the number of HP damage you inflict on the monster.

(Other things are taken into account when you attack a monster, such as
strength, etc).

Please comment as to whether these are right or not if you know (or think)
otherwise. - - Is my intrepretation of the X die Y principle right?

If you find this information useful, please return the favor and post
some hints, tidbits, etc, which you've found useful, I still dont know
how to handle Giant Ants.

ihnp4!labsms!lmm

The Wumpus

Mar 13, 1986, 10:40:01 PM3/13/86
> Please comment as to whether these are right or not if you know (or think)
> otherwise. - - Is my intrepretation of the X die Y principle right?
>
> If you find this information useful, please return the favor and post
> some hints, tidbits, etc, which you've found useful, I still dont know
> how to handle Giant Ants.
>
> ihnp4!labsms!lmm

I think the information will be very useful.

The only ways I have found to deal with Giant Ants are:
1) Find a ring of "maintain strength"
2) Kill all of them with the "Great Boon of Genicide" scroll
(by the way, what do other people use this for?)
3) Run away...very, very fast

The Wumpus
allegra!rochester!ur-tut!aptr