UltraRogue Options

te...@k.cs.cmu.edu.uucp

Mar 15, 1986, 6:08:20 PM3/15/86
UltraRogue options are read from SROGUEOPTS. Btw, take a look at this:

Top Ten Adventurers:
Rank Score Gold Name
1 2147483647 331377411 Gleep (david), Level 25 Wizard:
retrieved Magic Purse of Yendor, Phial of Galadriel,
Amulet of Yendor, Palantir of Might, Crown of Might,
Sceptre of Might, Silmaril of Ea, Wand of Orcus,
a total winner on level 100.

Note that 2147483647 = 2^32 - 1.
--

_emt
-----

"They pelted us with rocks and garbage!"

Herb Chong

Mar 19, 1986, 9:31:34 PM3/19/86
In article <8...@k.cs.cmu.edu> te...@k.cs.cmu.edu (Edward Tecot) writes:
>Top Ten Adventurers:
>Rank Score Gold Name
>1 2147483647 331377411 Gleep (david), Level 25 Wizard:
> retrieved Magic Purse of Yendor, Phial of Galadriel,
> Amulet of Yendor, Palantir of Might, Crown of Might,
> Sceptre of Might, Silmaril of Ea, Wand of Orcus,
> a total winner on level 100.
>
>Note that 2147483647 = 2^32 - 1.

1.03 uses something that is about equivalent to a 64 bit signed integer
so this problem will go away for a while 8-).

Herb Chong...

I'm still user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....

VNET,BITNET,NETNORTH,EARN: HERBIE AT YKTVMH
UUCP: {allegra|cbosgd|cmcl2|decvax|ihnp4|seismo}!philabs!polaris!herbie
CSNET: herbie...@ibm-sj.csnet
ARPA: her...@ibm-sj.arpa, herbie%yktvmh...@wiscvm.wisc.edu
DISCLAIMER: what you just read was produced by pouring lukewarm
tea for 42 seconds onto 9 people chained to 6 Ouiji boards.