Women and the consumption of toilet paper.

wa371

May 17, 1985, 12:05:45 AM5/17/85
Do women waste more toilet paper than men?
I live in a shared house, and I have been sharing a bathroom with various
females for many years. The problem is that my female housemates
seem to waste a lot of toilet paper. I wake up in the morning to the
roll going rrrttt-rrrttt-rrrttt-rrrttt-rrrtttt, five times! And we are using
up paper like it is going out of style. A lot of it is turned into little
balls that rapidly fill the waste basket. But most paper is used to "gift
wrap" sanitary mapkins and tampons. What a waste!
I imagine that there is fertile ground for a psychologist.
I also imagine that I will get flamed for this.

Bernd
(Not affiliated with, nor speaking for U.C. San Diego)
UUCP: ...!ucbvax!sdcsvax!sdcc12!wa371, ARPA: sdcsvax!sdcc12!wa371@nosc
*** hooray for USENET ***

Ed Hall

May 17, 1985, 4:02:12 PM5/17/85
> I imagine that there is fertile ground for a psychologist.

Indeed, though I suspect a psychologist would be more interested in
your apparent fascination for this subject.

The last time I heard this discussed it ended up with a counter-
accusation: how can men avoid wetting themselves, considering how
poorly they aim? If you've ever cleaned a bathroom you'll know
what I mean. Yeeeccchhh...

> Bernd

-Ed Hall
decvax!randvax!edhall

Lee Gold

May 18, 1985, 11:00:42 PM5/18/85
I was taught that the correct thing to wrap used napkins/tampons in was
an opaque brown paper bag, not toilet paper. Some brands of napkins used
to come with their own little paper bags for the purpose.

Speaking of napkins, I've noticed that nowadays only beltless pads
seem to be available plus Super or Hospital sized napkins. I find the
beltless pads quite convenient during the day when I'm wearing underpants,
but rather inconvenient at night. I don't like tampons--and I prefer to
sleep at night without underpants. Another miracle of modern marketing,
along with New Coke.

--Lee Gold

marie desjardins

May 21, 1985, 6:42:22 PM5/21/85
> Do women waste more toilet paper than men?
> I live in a shared house, and I have been sharing a bathroom with various
> females for many years. The problem is that my female housemates
> seem to waste a lot of toilet paper. I wake up in the morning to the
> roll going rrrttt-rrrttt-rrrttt-rrrttt-rrrtttt, five times! And we are using
> up paper like it is going out of style. A lot of it is turned into little
> balls that rapidly fill the waste basket. But most paper is used to "gift
> wrap" sanitary mapkins and tampons. What a waste!
> I imagine that there is fertile ground for a psychologist.
> I also imagine that I will get flamed for this.
>
> Bernd

Would you rather look at the bloody napkins and tampons? You obviously
have no sense of the female anatomy. Ever noticed that women have to
sit down to go to the bathroom? Ever wonder why? Ever wonder what a
drag it is to have to even bother changing tampons every few hours?
nope, didn't think so. Tell you what: why don't you complain to your
female housemates? Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll kick you out.

marie desjardins

P.S. Sorry for the flame, I've never thought the female anatomy was
exactly fair (if I ever run into God, I'll ask her what on earth
she was thinking of...). I think maybe you should think more about
the situation your female housemates are in and less about something
STUPID like toilet paper.

Sophie Quigley

May 22, 1985, 2:21:44 PM5/22/85
> Do women waste more toilet paper than men?
> I live in a shared house, and I have been sharing a bathroom with various
> females for many years. The problem is that my female housemates
> seem to waste a lot of toilet paper. I wake up in the morning to the
> roll going rrrttt-rrrttt-rrrttt-rrrttt-rrrtttt, five times! And we are using
> up paper like it is going out of style. A lot of it is turned into little
> balls that rapidly fill the waste basket. But most paper is used to "gift
> wrap" sanitary mapkins and tampons. What a waste!

Geesh!!! you are so right!! How dare they squander your hard-earned money
with such abandon! besides, anybody who bleeds like that deserves the most
severe of punishments. I say: "cut their uteruses out!!!!" Ah, women are
so spoiled these days! we should really go back to the good old days when
they'd get buried in the sand to their neck during "those days"! It saved
a lot of money on toilet paper AND sanitary napkins too. Kept them out of
trouble too!

But, hey, you have a real problem on your hands, so here are some constructive
solutions that should solve your problem:
a/ set up a separate budget for toilet paper
b/ suggest that they go back to using cloth sanitary napkins that you
will wash for them.

If the problem is not about money, but about waste, then I suggest you either
a/ recycle your newspapers or
b/ eat their sanitary napkins.

> I imagine that there is fertile ground for a psychologist.

Yes, a psychologist would have fun analysing you.

> I also imagine that I will get flamed for this.

Flamed? nah.... the topic's not even worth it. Besides, you were too
obviously asking for it. It does take the fun out of it, you know....

--
Sophie Quigley
{allegra|decvax|ihnp4|linus|watmath}!utzoo!mnetor!sophie

Chris Lewis

May 22, 1985, 2:52:41 PM5/22/85
In article <8...@mnetor.UUCP> sop...@mnetor.UUCP (Sophie Quigley) writes:
>Flamed? nah.... the topic's not even worth it. Besides, you were too
>obviously asking for it. It does take the fun out of it, you know....

How about this flame on a similar topic?:

I'm *$^@%((&%%^ mad at the wax paper that certain places in the UK
call toilet paper! Eg: National Monument sites and some Bed and
Breakfasts. It really burns my a*s!
--
Chris Lewis,
UUCP: {allegra, linus, ihnp4}!utzoo!mnetor!clewis

Phil Ngai

May 22, 1985, 4:15:13 PM5/22/85
<Why am I discussing this during my lunch hour?>

In article <24...@randvax.UUCP> edh...@randvax.UUCP (Ed Hall) writes:

>The last time I heard this discussed it ended up with a counter-
>accusation: how can men avoid wetting themselves, considering how
>poorly they aim? If you've ever cleaned a bathroom you'll know
>what I mean. Yeeeccchhh...

I don't think it's always bad aim, as I am usually careful about my
aim and my bathroom still needs a fair amount of cleaning. I think it
may be due to a higher splash factor arising from a greater difference
in level.

--
What do you do the day after a peak experience?

Phil Ngai (408) 749-5720
ARPA: amdcad!ph...@decwrl.ARPA

Ed Gould

May 22, 1985, 8:58:23 PM5/22/85
In article <3...@h-sc1.UUCP> desja...@h-sc1.UUCP (marie desjardins) writes:

> ... I've never thought the female anatomy was
> exactly fair (if I ever run into God, I'll ask her what on earth
> she was thinking of...).

Why do you assume she was on earth? Probably some other drug...

--
Ed Gould mt Xinu, 2910 Seventh St., Berkeley, CA 94710 USA
{ucbvax,decvax}!mtxinu!ed +1 415 644 0146

Jeff Lichtman

May 23, 1985, 2:13:39 AM5/23/85
> > Do women waste more toilet paper than men?
> >
> > Bernd
>
> Would you rather look at the bloody napkins and tampons?
>
> marie desjardins

Who cares? There are a lot of things more interesting than
how much toilet paper someone uses. I think it's really
perverse to even bring up such a subject. After all, who
gives a shit about toilet paper? :-)
--
Jeff Lichtman at rtech (Relational Technology, Inc.)
aka Swazoo Koolak

{amdahl, sun}!rtech!jeff
{ucbvax, decvax}!mtxinu!rtech!jeff

Ms. Sunny Kirsten

May 23, 1985, 3:09:26 AM5/23/85
> In article <24...@randvax.UUCP> edh...@randvax.UUCP (Ed Hall) writes:
> >
> >The last time I heard this discussed it ended up with a counter-
> >accusation: how can men avoid wetting themselves, considering how
> >poorly they aim? If you've ever cleaned a bathroom you'll know
> >what I mean. Yeeeccchhh...
>
> I don't think it's always bad aim, as I am usually careful about my
> aim and my bathroom still needs a fair amount of cleaning. I think it
> may be due to a higher splash factor arising from a greater difference
> in level.

you could always sit

> --
> What do you do the day after a peak experience?

Have another, even higher

--
{ucbvax,decvax,ihnp4}!sun!sunny (Ms. Sunny Kirsten)

Sophie Quigley

May 23, 1985, 9:45:06 AM5/23/85
> In article <24...@randvax.UUCP> edh...@randvax.UUCP (Ed Hall) writes:
> >
> >The last time I heard this discussed it ended up with a counter-
> >accusation: how can men avoid wetting themselves, considering how
> >poorly they aim? If you've ever cleaned a bathroom you'll know
> >what I mean. Yeeeccchhh...
>
> I don't think it's always bad aim, as I am usually careful about my
> aim and my bathroom still needs a fair amount of cleaning. I think it
> may be due to a higher splash factor arising from a greater difference
> in level.
>
> Phil Ngai (408) 749-5720

I think it is due to testosterone poisonning myself. The only reason
you disgusting people don't sit down when you're doing your business
is that you somehow think it is more manly to do it standing up.

dss00

May 23, 1985, 2:46:23 PM5/23/85

So when is someone going to start an aromatic discussion other aspects
of using a bathroom. God! I'm beginning to feel sick already.

I suggest that net.flame should also use ROT13 if flames are likely
to be offensive due to their contents or language used.

I donot question right of anybody to post whatever they want in net.flame
but feel that ROT13 be used if the language or the contents justify it.

--

Deepak S. Sabnis ...!{ihnp4,hplabs,amd,nsc}!amdahl!dss00 (408) 746-6058

(Usual Disclaimer Here)

Pete Wilson

May 23, 1985, 8:36:45 PM5/23/85

Being the father of 2 teen-age girls, I gladly sacrifice the
cost of the TP for the peace of mind that seeing the little bundles
in the wastebasket brings........It means their brains have kept
ahead of their hormones for another month.....

Roy Smith

May 23, 1985, 11:43:45 PM5/23/85
> > Do women waste more toilet paper than men?

Recent conversation I had regarding all this:

Me: Remember that toilet paper discussion?
Her: You mean they're seriously discussing it?
Me: Well, they're discussing it.
Her: In net.women?
Me: No, net.flame.
Her: Well, at least it's in the right place.
--
allegra!phri!roy (Roy Smith)

The Polymath

May 24, 1985, 1:48:47 PM5/24/85
>In article <3...@h-sc1.UUCP> desja...@h-sc1.UUCP (marie desjardins) writes:
>
> ... I've never thought the female anatomy was
> exactly fair (if I ever run into God, I'll ask her what on earth
> she was thinking of...).

This appears to be evidence of God's masculinity. (-:{

The Polymath (aka: Jerry Hollombe)
Citicorp TTI
3100 Ocean Park Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90405
(213) 450-9111, ext. 2483
{philabs,randvax,trwrb,vortex}!ttidca!ttidcc!hollombe

Jeanette Zobjeck

May 24, 1985, 2:20:14 PM5/24/85
> > aim and my bathroom still needs a fair amount of cleaning. I think it
> > may be due to a higher splash factor arising from a greater difference
> > in level.
> >
> > Phil Ngai (408) 749-5720
>
> I think it is due to testosterone poisonning myself. The only reason
> you disgusting people don't sit down when you're doing your business
> is that you somehow think it is more manly to do it standing up.
> --
> Sophie Quigley

Frankly I think it stems from fear of deflating ther male ego because
they would find out the silly *thing* really wont dip into the water.

Jeanette L. Zobjeck
ihnp4!ihlpa!zubbie
my opionions belong only to me

Sean Casey

May 25, 1985, 12:20:03 AM5/25/85
In article <8...@mnetor.UUCP> sop...@mnetor.UUCP (Sophie Quigley) writes:

>I think it is due to testosterone poisonning myself. The only reason
>you disgusting people don't sit down when you're doing your business
>is that you somehow think it is more manly to do it standing up.
>--
>Sophie Quigley
>{allegra|decvax|ihnp4|linus|watmath}!utzoo!mnetor!sophie

Frankly, Ms. Quigley, I think your attitude sucks. Just because
someone did something you didn't like, you make the sweeping statement
that all men who urinate standing up are "disgusting" and that it is an
issue of manlihood that they do so. The not-so-ugly truth is, it is
more convenient to urinate standing up. If you don't believe me, just
ask your nearest disgusting stud to demonstrate.

Believe it or not, there are quite a few men who really don't give a shit
whether they are manly or not. They do things because they like to do so,
or because it makes sense to do so, not because they are trying to prove
themselves or make a social issue.

--

- Sean Casey UUCP: {cbosgd,anlams,hasmed}!ukma!sean
- Department of Mathematics ARPA: ukma!se...@ANL-MCS.ARPA

Ms. Sunny Kirsten

May 25, 1985, 3:00:55 AM5/25/85
But Sophie! You're attributing to ego a conscious thought, when the
truth is closer to a total lack of thoughtfullness, and simple laziness.
Or could it be the fire-hydrant phenomenon? Excuse me, but I thought
this was net.women... or I remember, it's a woman's job to clean the john.

> > In article <24...@randvax.UUCP> edh...@randvax.UUCP (Ed Hall) writes:
> > >
> > >The last time I heard this discussed it ended up with a counter-
> > >accusation: how can men avoid wetting themselves, considering how
> > >poorly they aim? If you've ever cleaned a bathroom you'll know
> > >what I mean. Yeeeccchhh...
> >
> > I don't think it's always bad aim, as I am usually careful about my

> > aim and my bathroom still needs a fair amount of cleaning. I think it
> > may be due to a higher splash factor arising from a greater difference
> > in level.
> >
> > Phil Ngai (408) 749-5720
>

> I think it is due to testosterone poisonning myself. The only reason
> you disgusting people don't sit down when you're doing your business
> is that you somehow think it is more manly to do it standing up.
> --
> Sophie Quigley
> {allegra|decvax|ihnp4|linus|watmath}!utzoo!mnetor!sophie

_
___ /
(:-))> Sunny
~~~ \_

Lord Frith

May 25, 1985, 3:10:30 PM5/25/85
>> I don't think it's always bad aim, as I am usually careful about my
>> aim and my bathroom still needs a fair amount of cleaning. I think it
>> may be due to a higher splash factor arising from a greater difference
>> in level.

> I think it is due to testosterone poisonning myself. The only reason

> you disgusting people don't sit down when you're doing your business
> is that you somehow think it is more manly to do it standing up.

Standing up? Real men do it standing on their heads (from 10 feet away)...
--

UUCP: ...{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!seismo!trwatf!root - Lord Frith
ARPA: trwatf!root@SEISMO

"Oh yeh? Well I speak LOUD and I carry a BIGGER stick...
and I use it too... *BONK*"

John Ruschmeyer

May 25, 1985, 11:45:42 PM5/25/85
>From: zub...@ihlpa.UUCP (Jeanette Zobjeck)

>> > aim and my bathroom still needs a fair amount of cleaning. I think it
>> > may be due to a higher splash factor arising from a greater difference
>> > in level.
>> >
>> > Phil Ngai (408) 749-5720
>>
>> I think it is due to testosterone poisonning myself. The only reason
>> you disgusting people don't sit down when you're doing your business
>> is that you somehow think it is more manly to do it standing up.
>> --
>> Sophie Quigley
>
>Frankly I think it stems from fear of deflating ther male ego because
>they would find out the silly *thing* really wont dip into the water.
>
>Jeanette L. Zobjeck
>ihnp4!ihlpa!zubbie

Actually, it's more of an engineering problem- something like trying to
fold a cardboard mailing tube to fit it into a mail slot. :-)

Also, some of us were raised by mothers who warned us of the evils of
sitting on "strange" toilet seats.

--
Name: John Ruschmeyer
US Mail: Monmouth College, W. Long Branch, NJ 07764

Adam Beslove

May 26, 1985, 7:34:39 PM5/26/85
> > > aim and my bathroom still needs a fair amount of cleaning. I think it
> > > may be due to a higher splash factor arising from a greater difference
> > > in level.
> > >
> > > Phil Ngai (408) 749-5720
> >
> > I think it is due to testosterone poisonning myself. The only reason
> > you disgusting people don't sit down when you're doing your business
> > is that you somehow think it is more manly to do it standing up.
> > --
> > Sophie Quigley

Gosh Sophie, you're getting a bit aggressive there! You should cut down
on those steroids!

> Frankly I think it stems from fear of deflating ther male ego because
> they would find out the silly *thing* really wont dip into the water.
>
> Jeanette L. Zobjeck

Jeanette, you're totally right. I've always dreamed about draging my
'silly *thing*' thru toilet bowl water. My ego has never fully inflated
as a result.

(UUCP: ...!cbosgd!osu-eddie!beslove)
(CSNet: beslove@ohio-state) Believe half of what you hear,
(ARPA: beslove%ohio-state.csnet@CSNET-RELAY) And none of what you say.

Bing Bang

May 27, 1985, 1:51:37 AM5/27/85
In article <> su...@sun.uucp (Ms. Sunny Kirsten) writes:
>> In article <24...@randvax.UUCP> edh...@randvax.UUCP (Ed Hall) writes:
>>
>> I don't think it's always bad aim, as I am usually careful about my
>> aim and my bathroom still needs a fair amount of cleaning. I think it
>> may be due to a higher splash factor arising from a greater difference
>> in level.
>
>you could always sit

gee, i thought i had the market cornered on a good idea!
well, sometimes i sit...

>> --
>> What do you do the day after a peak experience?
>

>Have another, even higher

why, thank you, i think i will...

>> Phil Ngai (408) 749-5720
>> UUCP: {ucbvax,decwrl,ihnp4,allegra}!amdcad!phil
>> ARPA: amdcad!ph...@decwrl.ARPA

>--
>{ucbvax,decvax,ihnp4}!sun!sunny (Ms. Sunny Kirsten)

--
----------
"Is anything really real?"

Sophie Quigley

May 27, 1985, 8:41:06 PM5/27/85
> In article <8...@mnetor.UUCP> sop...@mnetor.UUCP (Sophie Quigley) writes:
>
> >I think it is due to testosterone poisonning myself. The only reason
> >you disgusting people don't sit down when you're doing your business
> >is that you somehow think it is more manly to do it standing up.
> >--
> >Sophie Quigley
>
> Frankly, Ms. Quigley, I think your attitude sucks. Just because
> someone did something you didn't like, you make the sweeping statement
> that all men who urinate standing up are "disgusting" and that it is an
> issue of manlihood that they do so. The not-so-ugly truth is, it is
> more convenient to urinate standing up. If you don't believe me, just
> ask your nearest disgusting stud to demonstrate.

I did not say that "all men" who urinate standing up are disgusting, just
that men who insist on urinating standing up even though they are making a
mess are disgusting, and they are unless they clean up after themselves.
Some people are fortunate enough to be able to aim and not make a mess.
Those who aren't should sit down or clean up after themselves, that's all.

After all, we women all gift-wrap our sanitary napkins, with an inordinate
amount of toilet paper, don't we (don't forget the topic of this discussion
was stereotypes), so why don't you guys get even with us and waste just as much
toilet paper wiping after yourselves instead of looking in amazement at the
drops of ... jumping from the toilet onto the seat. (Hey!!!! I didn't
start this conversation, some men did!)

T Wheeler

May 28, 1985, 7:37:16 AM5/28/85

You will have to excuse Sophie. She has had a rampant case
of Penis envy for years.

Anon...@faust.uucp

May 28, 1985, 2:24:00 PM5/28/85

You can"t be fuckin' serious.

Bing Bang

May 29, 1985, 1:52:54 AM5/29/85

>>> ... I've never thought the female anatomy was
>>> exactly fair (if I ever run into God, I'll ask her what on earth
>>> she was thinking of...).
>>> marie desjardins

from where i am i think the female anatomy is a work of art...
much more pleasing than male anatomy. but i suppose bing male
i do have my biases...

and as for god being female, i think it has possibilities...
just read the bible. she (god) can be a very vindictive bitch...
lest some one takes me seriously, my tongue is deep in my cheek

V. I. P.

May 29, 1985, 10:15:10 AM5/29/85
Yes, it is easier for men to do it standing up. And, incidentally,
that's why they put flies in our pants (no pun intended). Why should
we go through the trouble of opening our trousers, dropping them and our
shorts to urinate. What should also be customary, however, is the
installation of urinals in all bathroom, commercial and residential.
That way nobody would have anything to complain about.

As far as women using paper to *gift wrap* their sanitary napkins,
why don't the makers of these things include convenient little bags
to dispose of them in? Like the above, doesn't this must make sense?

There are also things far worse than the consumption of toilet paper
by women, required by the unfortunate state of affairs that women
endure. My pet peeve is probably plastic disposable tampon applicators.
These little nasties inevitably get flushed down toilets and end up
on South Shore beaches. Disgusting! These things should be outlawed.
I have nothing against women or their biological functioning, but
what's wrong with paper applicators that disintegrate?

Brian Day

UUCP: philabs!vip

ANDREW VARE

May 30, 1985, 7:22:26 AM5/30/85
In article <3...@moncol.UUCP>, jo...@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) writes:
> >From: zub...@ihlpa.UUCP (Jeanette Zobjeck)

> >> I think it is due to testosterone poisonning myself. The only reason
> >> you disgusting people don't sit down when you're doing your business
> >> is that you somehow think it is more manly to do it standing up.
> >> Sophie Quigley
> >
> >Frankly I think it stems from fear of deflating ther male ego because
> >they would find out the silly *thing* really wont dip into the water.
> >
> >Jeanette L. Zobjeck
> Silly Quote:
> I never wanted to be a barber.
> I wanted to be... a LUMBERJACK!

Penis envy is nothing to bitch about. Now surrogate scrotums...

atv

Arthur Pewtey

May 30, 1985, 10:27:49 AM5/30/85
> You will have to excuse Sophie. She has had a rampant case
> of Penis envy for years. [WHEELER]

Judging from this article, it's apparent that the author has NEVER suffered
from brain envy, not seeing much of a use for such an organ...

(Who was he calling fuzzy headed?)
--
"If you offend everybody, you're doing a good job." --David Steinberg on the
subject of satire

M.A. Zeszutko

May 30, 1985, 1:56:06 PM5/30/85

Geez, can't he take a joke? Must have no sense of humor.
--

aMAZon @ AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville, IL; ihnp4!ihuxf!features

Tim Melanchuk

May 30, 1985, 4:25:15 PM5/30/85
In article <3...@osu-eddie.UUCP> bes...@osu-eddie.UUCP (Adam Beslove) writes:

>> > I think it is due to testosterone poisonning myself. The only reason
>> > you disgusting people don't sit down when you're doing your business
>> > is that you somehow think it is more manly to do it standing up.
>> > --
>> > Sophie Quigley
>
>Gosh Sophie, you're getting a bit aggressive there! You should cut down
>on those steroids!
>

>> Frankly I think it stems from fear of deflating ther male ego because
>> they would find out the silly *thing* really wont dip into the water.
>>
>> Jeanette L. Zobjeck
>
>Jeanette, you're totally right. I've always dreamed about draging my
>'silly *thing*' thru toilet bowl water. My ego has never fully inflated
>as a result.

I love it! One of most the enjoyable discussions I've read in a long time.
Personally, I think its a fear of having the damned thing ripped off and
sucked down the toilet when you flush.

--

"A Canadian is somebody who knows how to mke love in a canoe."
-- Pierre Berton

Tim Melanchuk {ihnp4|alberta}!sask!zaphod!timm

Ed Gould

May 30, 1985, 6:31:33 PM5/30/85
>>I think it is due to testosterone poisonning myself.
>
>Frankly, Ms. Quigley, I think your attitude sucks.

I like her attitude much better than your sense of humor.

>Believe it or not, there are quite a few men who really don't give a shit
>whether they are manly or not. They do things because they like to do so,
>or because it makes sense to do so, not because they are trying to prove
>themselves or make a social issue.

Well, to tie this in to another major discussion on the group - that of
sexist language - most men stand up because that's how their fathers
did it. In other words, they're just carrying on the male tradition
without thinking about what it means. That's exactly the problem the
folks who want to get rid of "he" as the generic third person pronoun
want to deal with.

It was corny at the time, and still is, but there's a line in the play
"Butterflies are Free" that says "There are none so blind as those
who will not see." Corny or not, it makes a good point.

Jeanette Zobjeck

May 31, 1985, 1:10:12 PM5/31/85
> > Believe it or not, there are quite a few men who really don't give a shit
> > whether they are manly or not. They do things because they like to do so,
> > or because it makes sense to do so, not because they are trying to prove
> > themselves or make a social issue.
> > - Sean Casey UUCP: {cbosgd,anlams,hasmed}!ukma!sean
>
> Geez, can't he take a joke? Must have no sense of humor.
> --
>
> aMAZon @ AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville, IL; ihnp4!ihuxf!features

Not suprisingly men have a great difficulty dealing with humor which stikes
close to their anatomy when women are also in the discussion. I have no idea
why but I have seen it happen time and again.

Women are much more aware of their bodies, nature forces us to be, then men
and while we general do not choose the topic for dinner table conversation
comparative humor does not generally strike any blow at our femininity yet
I get the impression this is just what Mr. Casey and co. are offended
about.

I could, naturally be mistaken but..........

Jeanette Zobjeck
ihnp4!ihlpa!zubbie
all opinions are stricly my own I doubt anyone else would
want them.

mcc...@ucla-cs.uucp

May 31, 1985, 6:08:08 PM5/31/85
>I think it is due to testosterone poisonning myself. The only reason
>you disgusting people don't sit down when you're doing your business
>is that you somehow think it is more manly to do it standing up.
>--
>Sophie Quigley

I think I've just been insulted. This person, having no experience with
the problem, is calling me "unmanly" just because I sit down on the job
a lot. :-)

Then again, maybe I should take it as a compliment. :-)
--fini--

Eric McColm
UCLA (oo' - kluh) Funny Farm for the Criminally Harmless
UUCP: ...!{ihnp4,trwspp,cepu,ucbvax,sdcrdcf}!ucla-cs!mccolm
ARPA: (still) mcc...@UCLA-CS.ARPA (someday) mcc...@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU
"Scrabble is Wit; Link-Sausage is Obscenity; UNIX is Maddening."

"God made bathrooms to keep us humble."

Jeanette Zobjeck

Jun 1, 1985, 9:13:49 AM6/1/85

Perhaps as an bit of enlightenment. the personality types responding to
the discussion dont always have an open mind.

I just wish people would sign there messages.

this one is perhaps one of the better answers received here - I would
like to enroll in a good sex eduation course ie a course designed to
enlighten me on the operation of the mind of the opposite sex
i think it would be interesting to find out how to open one up
(figurativeley that is (;-)><={|
to the notion that sarcasm is a tool for communicating - - in this
case the thought that males generally (i said generally durn it)
have an over-inflated concept of the value of the male sex organ
(penis for those who prefer plain talk)

(John Dillenger lives again)
>"... their *silly things* won't REALLY dip into water" ??? Suggest
>you enroll in a local sex-ed course, and soon!
>
> -Regards!

jeanette l. zobjeck
ihnp4!ihlpa!zubbie

the opinions expresses herein belong soley to those claiming them

Sean Casey

Jun 1, 1985, 9:37:59 PM6/1/85
In article <2...@ihlpa.UUCP> zub...@ihlpa.UUCP (Jeanette Zobjeck) writes:
>Not suprisingly men have a great difficulty dealing with humor which stikes
>close to their anatomy when women are also in the discussion. I have no idea
>why but I have seen it happen time and again.
>
>Women are much more aware of their bodies, nature forces us to be, then men
>and while we general do not choose the topic for dinner table conversation
>comparative humor does not generally strike any blow at our femininity yet
>I get the impression this is just what Mr. Casey and co. are offended
>about.
>
>I could, naturally be mistaken but..........

You are. I have a great sense of humor about myself and my body. What
Sohpie Quigley said wasn't meant to be humor, and needs to be considered
seriously because it was meant seriously. Read her followup.

--

- Sean Casey UUCP: {cbosgd,anlams,hasmed}!ukma!sean

Brad Yearwood

Jun 1, 1985, 11:11:19 PM6/1/85
> I'm *$^@%((&%%^ mad at the wax paper that certain places in the UK
> call toilet paper! Eg: National Monument sites and some Bed and
> Breakfasts. It really burns my a*s!
> --
> Chris Lewis,

And then there's that totally charming stuff in the Frankfurt/Main
airport. It's sort of like the sub-newsprint-quality stuff that
we used for first grade writing practice. One piece I examined
(look before using!) contained what appeared to be metal shavings.

Have we been through the "memorable toilets/papers of the world"
topic yet?

Steven List @ Uncle Bene's Farm

Jun 2, 1985, 5:47:02 PM6/2/85

I don't know about you, but I think it's an awful lot easier to stand
up, open my fly, and take a leak than removing and restoring my pants
(et al) for something so simple. I think God's mistake was in not
providing women the same facility!

/-\
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
: Steven List @ Benetics Corporation :
: (415) 940-6300 :
: {cdp,idi,oliveb,tolerant}!bene!luke!steven :
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
\-/

Gordon Davisson

Jun 2, 1985, 10:55:46 PM6/2/85
> I suggest that net.flame should also use ROT13 if flames are likely
> to be offensive due to their contents or language used.
>
> I donot question right of anybody to post whatever they want in net.flame
> but feel that ROT13 be used if the language or the contents justify it.
>
> --
> Deepak S. Sabnis ...!{ihnp4,hplabs,amd,nsc}!amdahl!dss00 (408) 746-6058

ROT13? In net.flame?!?! Look here, kid, offensive is what new.flame is
all about. *Everything* posted to net.flame is offensive, either because
of the contents or because it's misposted. If some idiot mama's boy (you)
wanders in and gets his psyche scarred, that's his problem. Read what
net.announce.newusers has to say about net.flame, and if you can't stand
the heat...

--
Human: Gordon Davisson
ARPA: gor...@uw-june.ARPA

p.s. mod.flame is an oxymoron.

s. dugan

Jun 3, 1985, 1:29:50 PM6/3/85
> > > Believe it or not, there are quite a few men who really don't give a shit
> > > whether they are manly or not. They do things because they like to do so,
> > > or because it makes sense to do so, not because they are trying to prove
> > > themselves or make a social issue.
> > > - Sean Casey UUCP: {cbosgd,anlams,hasmed}!ukma!sean
> >
> > Geez, can't he take a joke? Must have no sense of humor.
> > --
> >
> > aMAZon @ AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville, IL; ihnp4!ihuxf!features
>
> *** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR MESSAGE ***
>
> Not suprisingly men have a great difficulty dealing with humor which stikes
> close to their anatomy when women are also in the discussion. I have no idea
> why but I have seen it happen time and again.
>
> Women are much more aware of their bodies, nature forces us to be, then men
> and while we general do not choose the topic for dinner table conversation
> comparative humor does not generally strike any blow at our femininity yet
> I get the impression this is just what Mr. Casey and co. are offended
> about.
>
> I could, naturally be mistaken but..........
>

> Jeanette Zobjeck
> ihnp4!ihlpa!zubbie

I beg to differ. I think a lot of women would be offended if men made jokes
about their (women's) anatomy. I think the situation is rather like ethnic
jokes. People of one particular group may make jokes about themselves, but
resent it when others who are not part of that group make the same joke.
This also applies to making jokes about oneself. Many people poke fun at
themselves but take offense when others poke fun at them.

Sarah E. Dugan
(no clever lines)
--
Sarah E. Dugan
(no clever lines)

Sophie Quigley

Jun 3, 1985, 2:04:40 PM6/3/85
> In article <2...@ihlpa.UUCP> zub...@ihlpa.UUCP (Jeanette Zobjeck) writes:
> >Not suprisingly men have a great difficulty dealing with humor which stikes
> >close to their anatomy when women are also in the discussion. I have no idea
> >why but I have seen it happen time and again.
> >
> >Women are much more aware of their bodies, nature forces us to be, then men
> >and while we general do not choose the topic for dinner table conversation
> >comparative humor does not generally strike any blow at our femininity yet
> >I get the impression this is just what Mr. Casey and co. are offended
> >about.
>
> You are. I have a great sense of humor about myself and my body. What
> Sohpie Quigley said wasn't meant to be humor, and needs to be considered
> seriously because it was meant seriously. Read her followup.
> - Sean Casey UUCP: {cbosgd,anlams,hasmed}!ukma!sean

Maybe I should speak for myself here. What actually happened was that I
originally meant to be kidding in my original posting. I also wanted to
be slightly insulting, and thought that this was acceptable given that
1/ the discussion was conducted in net.flame, where logic and civility
are outlawed anyway, 2/ the original discussion was insulting to women,
and what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

However, given the amount of hate mail and explanations I received on the
matter (more than I have ever received on any of my other usually brilliant
postings! :->), I was forced to conclude that I was either 1/ right or 2/ close
enough to be right, in which case I should probably make sure that I leave a
way out of the insult for some of my best friends (some of my best friends are
MEN!). That is why I posted the followup .... I think... actually I don't
even remember posting a followup, but if I did, I probably said something
wishy-washy like "not ALL men are poisonned......". Well, I retract that now!

Now Sean, have fun tearing this one to shreds!!! I will never tell you
whether or not I am kidding now.... but things are more exciting that way,
aren't they?

s. dugan

Jun 3, 1985, 4:19:29 PM6/3/85
> Yes, it is easier for men to do it standing up. And, incidentally,
> that's why they put flies in our pants (no pun intended). Why should
> we go through the trouble of opening our trousers, dropping them and our
> shorts to urinate. What should also be customary, however, is the
> installation of urinals in all bathroom, commercial and residential.
> That way nobody would have anything to complain about.
>
> As far as women using paper to *gift wrap* their sanitary napkins,
> why don't the makers of these things include convenient little bags
> to dispose of them in? Like the above, doesn't this must make sense?

One brand does include little plastic bags with pretty little purple and white
designs on them.

> There are also things far worse than the consumption of toilet paper
> by women, required by the unfortunate state of affairs that women
> endure. My pet peeve is probably plastic disposable tampon applicators.
> These little nasties inevitably get flushed down toilets and end up
> on South Shore beaches. Disgusting! These things should be outlawed.
> I have nothing against women or their biological functioning, but
> what's wrong with paper applicators that disintegrate?
>
> Brian Day
>
> UUCP: philabs!vip

Those things shouldn't be flushed down the toilet in the first place. (The
plastic ones OR the paper (cardboard) ones.

s...@ucla-cs.uucp

Jun 3, 1985, 5:53:33 PM6/3/85
In article <2...@ihlpa.UUCP> zub...@ihlpa.UUCP (Jeanette Zobjeck) writes:
>> I think it is due to testosterone poisonning myself. The only reason
>> you disgusting people don't sit down when you're doing your business
>> is that you somehow think it is more manly to do it standing up.
>> --
>> Sophie Quigley

>Frankly I think it stems from fear of deflating ther male ego because
>they would find out the silly *thing* really wont dip into the water.
>
>Jeanette L. Zobjeck

It's a dick, Jeanette, a cock, penis, etc., not a *thing*. I can understand
that you've probably never seen one, you frigid bitch, but I'm certain you
must have read about it. You and Sophie ought to get together some night
for a good squat and talk all about the male anatomy.

And, hey, how about this: Six guys can all use the same toilet at the same
time. I'd like to see six girls do that: the girl on the bottom sure would
have sticky thighs, eh? And a real man can stir his drink with his dick, and
caulk windows and bathroom tiles with it. What the hell can you do with your
cooze, slut? Pick up quarters? The hard way?

Scott R. Turner
ARPA: (now) s...@UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA (soon) s...@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU
UUCP: ...!{cepu,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!srt
SPUDNET: ...eye%s...@russet.spud

Jeanette Zobjeck

Jun 3, 1985, 6:47:58 PM6/3/85

> Nonsense. To sit down, we'd have to take our pants all the way down.
> And then pull them up again. That's too much work. Furthermore,
> it's more sanitary (for US) standing up.

I was RIGHT there is some fear that sitting down will in some way
cause a lessening of the masculine image in the minds of males.

(;-)

alternate suggestion to sitting down:

since you are worried about being sanitary AND taking your pants down
the obvious solution is to simply pull down the zipper and when ready

lay down across the toilet seat facing the floor and voila - no mess
and very sanitary , almost, and you dont have to take your pants all
the way down either.

jeanette l. zobjeck
ihnp4!ihlpa!zubbie

opinions are my own - anybody claiming to have the same ones ought to have
their heads examined.

Jeanette Zobjeck

Jun 3, 1985, 6:53:45 PM6/3/85

Envy it is for sure.

I wanted, when I was young, ,to be a big game hunter so I could have some
fatastic trophy to mount on the wall over the fireplace.

Now I know exactly what that trophy should be.

jeanette l. zobjeck
ihnp4!ihlpa!zubbie

Barnabus Collins

Jun 3, 1985, 7:05:54 PM6/3/85
> I think it is due to testosterone poisonning myself. The only reason
> you disgusting people don't sit down when you're doing your business
> is that you somehow think it is more manly to do it standing up.
> --
*I* do it standing up because when I hit the little spinner at the
bottom of the pisser I like to see it go round an round an round an
round. Whats a few splashes compared to this kind of fun? These nifty
toys can be bought at some joke stores, I don't recommend buying a used one
at the local swap meet.

If you think I'm putting my signature here your outta your gourd.

Beth Christy

Jun 3, 1985, 8:22:34 PM6/3/85
[keep :-)ing]

From: v...@philabs.UUCP (V. I. P.), Message-ID: <3...@philabs.UUCP>:
> My pet peeve is probably plastic disposable tampon applicators.
>These little nasties inevitably get flushed down toilets and end up
>on South Shore beaches. Disgusting! These things should be outlawed.
>I have nothing against women or their biological functioning, but
>what's wrong with paper applicators that disintegrate?
>
> Brian Day

I assume, since your name is Brian, that you've never tried using either
type of tampon applicator. So I'll tell you what's wrong with the paper
ones: they're g*dd*mn uncomfortable to use. Often they just plain *hurt*.

Oh, and the plastic ones don't *inevitably* get flushed down toilets. They
*occasionally* get flushed down toilets. If they *inevitably* got flushed
down toilets, you wouldn't find much else on your South Shore beaches
(wherever they may be).

Hang in and keep :-)ing.

--

--JB Life is just a bowl.

al...@ucla-cs.uucp

Jun 3, 1985, 9:20:49 PM6/3/85
In article <58...@ucla-cs.ARPA> s...@ucla-cs.UUCP (Scott Turner) writes:
>In article <2...@ihlpa.UUCP> zub...@ihlpa.UUCP (Jeanette Zobjeck) writes:

>>Frankly I think it stems from fear of deflating ther male ego because
>>they would find out the silly *thing* really wont dip into the water.
>>
>>Jeanette L. Zobjeck
>
>It's a dick, Jeanette, a cock, penis, etc., not a *thing*. I can understand
>that you've probably never seen one, you frigid bitch, but I'm certain you
>must have read about it. You and Sophie ought to get together some night

>for a good squat and talk all about the male anatomy....
>
> Scott R. Turner
> STUDNET: s...@wang.stud

Wait, Scott, you're not being fair. From what I've heard, hundreds of men,
several women and a couple of happy cucumbers can vouch from experience
that Jeanette and Sophie aren't frigid. Maybe when they were at your
place, it was just that time of the month.

By the way, Jeanette, if you're ever in the LA area again, stop in at UCLA,
and we'll show you a silly *thing* or two that really does dip in the water.

Alex

s...@ucla-cs.uucp

Jun 4, 1985, 3:30:08 PM6/4/85
In article <2...@ihlpa.UUCP> zub...@ihlpa.UUCP (Jeanette Zobjeck) writes:

>Not suprisingly men have a great difficulty dealing with humor which stikes
>close to their anatomy when women are also in the discussion. I have no idea
>why but I have seen it happen time and again.
>
>Women are much more aware of their bodies, nature forces us to be, then men
>and while we general do not choose the topic for dinner table conversation
>comparative humor does not generally strike any blow at our femininity yet
>I get the impression this is just what Mr. Casey and co. are offended
>about.
>
>I could, naturally be mistaken but..........
>

>Jeanette Zobjeck

It amazes me that anyone, even a pitiful bag lady like Jeanette, could hold
such ignorant, claustrophobic opinions.

"Women are much more aware of their bodies..." "does not generally strike
any blow at our femininity" etc.

What nauseating, ridiculous pulp. Look Jeanette, if you want to sit around
patting yourself on the back over how much superior you are, fine, but don't
bother to post such masturbatory comments to the net. Any comments to the
effect that "women are more sensitive than men", "whites are more intelligent
than blacks", "aryans are superior to all other races" is self-serving,
prejudiced HORSESHIT, and easily recognizable as such by anyone with an iota
of intelligence (borrow one and you'll see for yourself). Go ahead and
believe this kind of crap if you want - I'm sure it helps you rationalize
the failings in your personal life - but don't post your embarassment for
the whole world to read.

Melinda Shore

Jun 4, 1985, 10:22:43 PM6/4/85
Perhaps the real question is this:

Why do men use so little toilet paper??

--
Melinda Shore
University of Chicago Computation Center

Gregg MacKenzie

Jun 5, 1985, 4:03:25 AM6/5/85
> I don't know about you, but I think it's an awful lot easier to stand
> up, open my fly, and take a leak than removing and restoring my pants
> (et al) for something so simple. I think God's mistake was in not
> providing women the same facility!
> Steven List @ Benetics Corporation

Then we'd all be butt-rammers. But, then, women wouldn't need tampons
and we'd sure save on toilet paper, huh Steve? Nothing personal, but
I'm glad God didn't use your schematics.

Gregg Mackenzie
denelcor!gmack

Edward C. Bennett

Jun 5, 1985, 10:00:54 AM6/5/85

> > > Silly Quote:
> >
> > Penis envy is nothing to bitch about. Now surrogate scrotums...
> >
> > atv
>
> Envy it is for sure.
>
> I wanted, when I was young, ,to be a big game hunter so I could have some
> fatastic trophy to mount on the wall over the fireplace.
>
> Now I know exactly what that trophy should be.
>
> jeanette l. zobjeck

Yeah. Go out and hunt down a BIG one Jeanette. And be sure to
have a taxidermist stuff it well. It could CUMe (sic) IN real HANDy on
lonely Saturday nights.

))
::: ))
::: ))
------ ))
::: ))
::: ))
))

--
edward
{ucbvax,unmvax,boulder,research}!anlams! -|
| \ _
\___/ \= Support barrier free design

"Well, what's on the television then?"
"Looks like a penguin."

s. dugan

Jun 5, 1985, 10:46:35 AM6/5/85

Haven't you heard of the "last shake?"

Col. G. L. Sicherman

Jun 5, 1985, 11:01:22 AM6/5/85
> I don't know about you, but I think it's an awful lot easier to stand
> up, open my fly, and take a leak than removing and restoring my pants
> (et al) for something so simple. I think God's mistake was in not
> providing women the same facility!

She did Her best by causing women to be born without pants.
--
Col. G. L. Sicherman
...{rocksvax|decvax}!sunybcs!colonel

J. Eric Roskos

Jun 5, 1985, 1:05:11 PM6/5/85
>What do you do the day after a peak experience?

You walk around in a daze, not doing all the work you were getting done
the day before. Later, you sulk.
--
Full-Name: J. Eric Roskos
UUCP: ..!{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!vax135!petsd!peora!jer

"Zl FB vf n xvyyre junyr."

J. Eric Roskos

Jun 5, 1985, 1:12:20 PM6/5/85
Opx, uijt jt hfuujoh rvjuf pvu pg iboe. Gjstu xf ibwf "Nt." Ljstufo ufmmjoh
vt xf tipvme tju epxo, opx xf ibwf uxp xpnfo pggfs iptujmf tvhhftujpot xiz
xf epo'u. Xfmm, c'hpssz, ju't opu bmm uibu bobupnjdbmmz gfbtjcmf up "ep
ju," bt zpv qvu ju, tjuujoh epxo, J nfbo, uifo zpv "ep ju" bmm pwfs uif
voefstjef pg uif sjn pg uif dpnnpef, zpv lopx? Hff, xija, bmsfbez. J nfbo,
ju't ibse fopvhi up "ep ju" jo b tusbjhiu mjof.

J. Eric Roskos

Jun 5, 1985, 1:21:01 PM6/5/85
Look here, if you are going to start another discussion on sexist language,
I am just going to subject you to an extended metrical analysis of all the
POETRY throughout the centuries that has been CORRUPTED by you people who
insist of changing every "man" in every poem written to a "person" and then
fixing the meter (or not) by chopping off the last word on every verse and
sticking it somewhere in the middle of the next one. I wish the poets were
alive to day so they could sue you for tampering with their poetry without
their consent!

Steven List

Jun 6, 1985, 2:17:16 AM6/6/85
So far we're afraid it WON'T touch the water and that it WILL be sucked
down/off/in. Any other interesting suggestions? The images in this
discussion give me wonderfully bizarre dreams.

Keep up :-) the good work, net.landers!

Gregg Mackenzie

Jun 6, 1985, 4:49:14 AM6/6/85
> alternate suggestion to sitting down:
> since you are worried about being sanitary AND taking your pants down
> the obvious solution is to simply pull down the zipper and when ready
> lay down across the toilet seat facing the floor and voila - no mess
> and very sanitary , almost, and you dont have to take your pants all
> the way down either.
>
> jeanette l. zobjeck
> ihnp4!ihlpa!zubbie

Hey! That's exactly how I do it! (No fair peeking, Jeanette.) Either
that, or I just do it in a can or something and very carefully pour it
in. Or, I'll just take the lid off of the tank and do it in there. And
then there's always the sink...or maybe the shower...(:-) :-)).

Gregg Mackenzie
denelcor!gmack

Gregg Mackenzie

Jun 6, 1985, 5:12:49 AM6/6/85
> > Penis envy ...(etc.,etc.)

> Envy it is for sure.
>
> I wanted, when I was young, ,to be a big game hunter so I could have some
> fatastic trophy to mount on the wall over the fireplace.
>
> Now I know exactly what that trophy should be.
>
> jeanette l. zobjeck

I swear, you women don't know anything about hunting. That would be small game.But at least you've got the right idea. Then, when your friends come over and
they comment on how small eight inches looks from close-up and how big "keepers"
oughtta be, you can regale them with the story of the big one that got away.:-)

Gregg Mackenzie
denelcor!gmack

Karen Isaacson

Jun 6, 1985, 12:27:03 PM6/6/85
> > I suggest that net.flame should also use ROT13 if flames are likely
> > to be offensive due to their contents or language used.
> > Deepak S. Sabnis ...!{ihnp4,hplabs,amd,nsc}!amdahl!dss00 (408) 746-6058
>
> ROT13? In net.flame?!?! Look here, kid, offensive is what new.flame is
> all about. *Everything* posted to net.flame is offensive, either because
> of the contents or because it's misposted. If some idiot mama's boy (you)
> wanders in and gets his psyche scarred, that's his problem. Read what
> net.announce.newusers has to say about net.flame, and if you can't stand
> the heat...
> Human: Gordon Davisson

Then don't *also* post the same *crap* to net.women, etc. I don't think
Deepak wandered into net.flame to read the junk, I think net.flame
wandered out & got him somewhere else.
--

Karen Isaacson
decvax!randvax!karen

Joe Maybee

Jun 6, 1985, 1:40:49 PM6/6/85
In article <6...@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP> sh...@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Melinda Shore) writes:
>Perhaps the real question is this:
>
> Why do men use so little toilet paper??
>
>--
>Melinda Shore
>University of Chicago Computation Center
>..!ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!shor

REAL men use their listings!

---J. Maybee

Stephen Hutchison

Jun 6, 1985, 4:15:11 PM6/6/85
In article <4...@gpp1.UUCP> may...@gpp1.UUCP (Joe Maybee) writes:
><6...@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP> sh...@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Melinda Shore):

>>Perhaps the real question is this:
>>
>> Why do men use so little toilet paper??
>>
>>--
>>Melinda Shore
>>University of Chicago Computation Center
>>..!ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!shor
>

> REAL men use their listings!
>
> ---J. Maybee

Ummmmm.... Isn't that a redundant action?

Bleah,
Hutch

Amqueue

Jun 6, 1985, 6:16:27 PM6/6/85
>> Why do men use so little toilet paper??
>
>Haven't you heard of the "last shake?"

The way I heard it.....

"No matter how much you shake and dance
the last drop always falls in your pants."

this is theoretically taught to young boys everywhere. All the guys
that I know know it. So why the lack of toilet paper?

miaow!
/amqueue

Amqueue

Jun 6, 1985, 6:30:28 PM6/6/85

Holy shit! I don't believe it! Here, right here, on net.flame, we
have found the reason for male supremacy in the technical fields:

>................... Six guys can all use the same toilet at the same time.
>I'd like to see six girls do that....
>
> Scott R. Turner

This is obviously the most efficient way to do it. And since men are,
by nature's own design, inherently more efficient, they are obviously
the most efficient people around. And Efficiency is one of the ghods of
the technical fields, correct? Since women are thereby less efficient,
it is small wonder there are so few of them around in these types of
jobs. We should all be proud of them for overcoming their inherent
handicap.

There... have I gotten everything yet? toilets, dicrimination, handicaps,
being proud, poor little women, uh... yeah, I guess so.

oh, and scott? the word is cunt. slit. crack. Not cooze.

cu!
have fun
Hugs!
/amqueue

Gene Spafford

Jun 6, 1985, 8:53:00 PM6/6/85
In article <6...@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP> sh...@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Melinda Shore) writes:
>Perhaps the real question is this:
>
> Why do men use so little toilet paper??

Well, at least in my experience, following micturation I simply whack
it against the porcelain a few times to shake out the last few drops.
That's why I don't sit when I'm just urinating -- I don't have the
room to get a good swing.

(Hi, Sophie! How's the job? Is this a good example of
testosterone poisoning?)

Oops! Back to the home,
--
Gene "3 months and holding" Spafford
The Clouds Project, School of ICS, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332

Sean Casey

Jun 7, 1985, 12:30:46 AM6/7/85
In article <9...@mnetor.UUCP> sop...@mnetor.UUCP (Sophie Quigley) writes:
>Maybe I should speak for myself here. What actually happened was that I
>originally meant to be kidding in my original posting. I also wanted to
>be slightly insulting, and thought that this was acceptable given that
>1/ the discussion was conducted in net.flame, where logic and civility
>are outlawed anyway, 2/ the original discussion was insulting to women,
>and what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Now you have a change of face. Now you claim that you are kidding. Why?
Perhaps you know when you are beaten and can't logically argue your way
out of it, so you claim you were kidding. As for the original discussion
being insulting to women, "two wrongs don't make it right". If you felt
that you were insulted, your best defense you have been to argue your way
out of it, instead of using the same techniques. This only displays
hypocracy, where you feel that something is bad, and yet do it in turn.

>However, given the amount of hate mail and explanations I received on the
>matter (more than I have ever received on any of my other usually brilliant
>postings! :->), I was forced to conclude that I was either 1/ right or 2/ close
>enough to be right, in which case I should probably make sure that I leave a
>way out of the insult for some of my best friends (some of my best friends are
>MEN!). That is why I posted the followup .... I think... actually I don't
>even remember posting a followup, but if I did, I probably said something
>wishy-washy like "not ALL men are poisonned......". Well, I retract that now!

I can see how hate mail would tend to reinforce your attitude that you were
right. I do not see how explanations could have done the same. Explanations,
presented rationally, would prove you wrong.

I'm glad you're not being wishy-washy anymore, but you are still wrong.

>Now Sean, have fun tearing this one to shreds!!! I will never tell you
>whether or not I am kidding now.... but things are more exciting that way,
>aren't they?
>--
>Sophie Quigley
>{allegra|decvax|ihnp4|linus|watmath}!utzoo!mnetor!sophie

Whether you tell me you were kidding or not, I will take you
seriously. If you choose to waver, you must bear the burden of the
doubt. Yes, it has been fun tearing your *statement* and your
*argument* to shreds. Yes, it is exciting. I look forward to reading
the netnews.

I want you to realise something though. As I stated to someone before,
I do not want you to believe that I am attacking you personally. I do
not know you, and to judge you without so would be hypocracy on my
part. I am attacking a statement and an attitude that you displayed - a
statement and an attitude that I believe to be in grave error.
Though I don't mind making someone mad (especially if it makes them
think), I do mind hurting people's feelings very much. If I have done
so, I sincerely apologise.

Sean

--

- Sean Casey UUCP: {cbosgd,anlams,hasmed}!ukma!sean
- Department of Mathematics ARPA: ukma!se...@ANL-MCS.ARPA
- University of Kentucky

Colin Rafferty

Jun 7, 1985, 8:10:40 AM6/7/85

> Perhaps the real question is this:
>
> Why do men use so little toilet paper??
>
> Melinda Shore

Maybe because men are inherently neater than women.

Sorry Melinda, but them's the breaks. That's what you get for being female.

----
Colin Rafferty { Math Department, Carnegie-Mellon University }

"According to convention there is a sweet and a bitter, a hot and a cold,
and according to convention, there is an order. In truth, there are atoms
and a void."
-Democritus(400 B.C.)

s. dugan

Jun 7, 1985, 1:12:43 PM6/7/85
> In article <2...@ihlpa.UUCP> zub...@ihlpa.UUCP (Jeanette Zobjeck) writes:
> >> I think it is due to testosterone poisonning myself. The only reason
> >> you disgusting people don't sit down when you're doing your business
> >> is that you somehow think it is more manly to do it standing up.
> >> --
> >> Sophie Quigley
> >
> >Frankly I think it stems from fear of deflating ther male ego because
> >they would find out the silly *thing* really wont dip into the water.
> >
> >Jeanette L. Zobjeck
>
> It's a dick, Jeanette, a cock, penis, etc., not a *thing*. I can understand
> that you've probably never seen one, you frigid bitch, but I'm certain you
> must have read about it. You and Sophie ought to get together some night
> for a good squat and talk all about the male anatomy.
>
> And, hey, how about this: Six guys can all use the same toilet at the same
> time. I'd like to see six girls do that: the girl on the bottom sure would
> have sticky thighs, eh? And a real man can stir his drink with his dick, and
> caulk windows and bathroom tiles with it. What the hell can you do with your
> cooze, slut? Pick up quarters? The hard way?

> Scott R. Turner
> ARPA: (now) s...@UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA (soon) s...@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU
> UUCP: ...!{cepu,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!srt
> SPUDNET: ...eye%s...@russet.spud

Now come on! Wasn't that a bit strong and uncalled for? I even take offense
at some of those comments, and I don't offend very easily. Let's clean this
up a little bit, OK?

Sarah E. Dugan
(a friend of Dr. Bob and Bill W.)
"One Day At A Time"
--
Sarah E. Dugan
(a friend of Dr. Bob and Bill W.)

Ed Gould

Jun 7, 1985, 5:11:09 PM6/7/85
>I wanted, when I was young, ,to be a big game hunter so I could have some
>fatastic trophy to mount on the wall over the fireplace.
>
>Now I know exactly what that trophy should be.
>
>jeanette l. zobjeck

Just remind me that I don't want to visit your trophy room!

--
Ed Gould mt Xinu, 2910 Seventh St., Berkeley, CA 94710 USA
{ucbvax,decvax}!mtxinu!ed +1 415 644 0146

Message has been deleted

Bing Bang

Jun 8, 1985, 1:47:25 AM6/8/85
In article <> sp...@gatech.UUCP (Gene Spafford) writes:

>(Hi, Sophie! How's the job? Is this a good example of
> testosterone poisoning?)

you mean those booster shots i've been getting from my doctor
so that i can drag my thing in the water maybe poisonous???????????

what the heck i'll sign it!

bing

--
----------
"Is anything really real?"

Jeff Lichtman

Jun 8, 1985, 2:13:57 AM6/8/85

> > Penis envy is nothing to bitch about. Now surrogate scrotums...
> >
> > atv
>

> Envy it is for sure.
>
> I wanted, when I was young, ,to be a big game hunter so I could have some
> fatastic trophy to mount on the wall over the fireplace.
>
> Now I know exactly what that trophy should be.
>
> jeanette l. zobjeck

This would be very difficult to explain to the neighbors. On the other hand,
putting it in plain sight might be a way of scaring off Jehova's Witnesses.

A question: would you have the taxidermist make it flaccid or erect?

Jeanette, please let me know when you have secured your trophy so I can
remove my steel jockstrap.
--
Jeff Lichtman at rtech (Relational Technology, Inc.)
aka Swazoo Koolak

{amdahl, sun}!rtech!jeff
{ucbvax, decvax}!mtxinu!rtech!jeff

Andrew Scott Beals

Jun 8, 1985, 2:51:33 AM6/8/85
Golly gee, Melinda Shore, haven't you ever heard the old joke?

I'll just give the lead-in and punch-line...

"At Havahd they teach us to wash our hands afterwards."

"At MIT they teach us to not to piss on our hands."

----------

On the other hand, Muffy is saying that it makes more sense to wrap
them in toilet paper than to get blood all over the trash can (and
have to wash it every month "It's really disgusting, dried blood.").
--
andy beals
bandy@{lll-crg,mit-mc}.arpa {sun!lll-crg,ihnp4!mit-eddie}!bandy

Edward C. Bennett

Jun 8, 1985, 12:30:07 PM6/8/85
In article <9...@ulysses.UUCP>, s...@ulysses.UUCP (Steven Bellovin) writes:

> > < Scott details some of the advantages of having a dick while
> > also pointing out that Jeanette can't pick up quarters with
> > her genitals >
> >
> > Scott R. Turner
> > ARPA: (now) s...@UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA (soon) s...@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU
> > UUCP: ...!{cepu,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!srt
> > SPUDNET: ...eye%s...@russet.spud
>
> < Steve get offended >
>
> --Steve Bellovin

Aww, did big bad Scott offend little Stevie? Well, TOO FUCKING BAD!
This is (altogether now...) NET FLAME!!!! If Scott wants to refer to
Jeanette's anatomy in a non-flattering way, FINE. He has every right to
do so! If Scott wants to proudly extoll the virtues of the male sex organ,
FINE, he can use whatever words he wants to do so!

If you don't like the way things are said in (altogether now..)
NET.FLAME,
DON'T READ THE GROUP THEN!!!

This reminds me of the Right-wingers who complain about all the
crap on television while not realizing that if they just turn it off,
they won't be confronted by it.

gees, some people are soooo touchy...

--
edward
{ucbvax,unmvax,boulder,research}!anlams! -|
() {mcvax!qtlon,vax135,mddc}!qusavx! -|--> ukma!edward
| |
|-- {decvax,ihnp4,mhuxt,seismo}! -+-> cbosgd! -|
/|--- {clyde,osu-eddie,ulysses}! ---|
| \ _

\___/ \= "Well, what's on the television then?"
"Looks like a penguin."
Support barrier free design

Joe Arceneaux

Jun 8, 1985, 5:31:23 PM6/8/85
In article <22...@topaz.ARPA> qu...@topaz.UUCP (Amqueue) writes:

> Holy shit! I don't believe it! Here, right here, on net.flame, we
> have found the reason for male supremacy in the technical fields:
>
> >................... Six guys can all use the same toilet at the same time.
> >I'd like to see six girls do that....
> >
> > Scott R. Turner

... One woman, infinitely tired of her male friend's sexist remarks to the
effect that there was nothing that women could do better than men, suggested
a little contest. Said she: "Ok, let's see who can piss and leave the
highest mark on yonder wall." He: "HA! No problem, you go first."

So the woman drops her pants, goes up to the wall, and when she returns
there's a wet spot starting about genital height. Her friend looks at it
and says "No problem," as he walks over to the wall, drops his pants, and
grabs his penis. To which the woman replies, "Ah-ah! No hands!"
(:-)
--
Joe Arceneaux

Lafayette, LA
{akgua, ut-sally}!usl!jla

Sean Casey

Jun 8, 1985, 6:17:47 PM6/8/85
In article <5...@ihlpg.UUCP> sed...@ihlpg.UUCP (s. dugan) writes:
>> It's a dick, Jeanette, a cock, penis, etc., not a *thing*. I can understand
>> that you've probably never seen one, you frigid bitch, but I'm certain you
>> must have read about it. You and Sophie ought to get together some night
>> for a good squat and talk all about the male anatomy.
>>
>> And, hey, how about this: Six guys can all use the same toilet at the same
>> time. I'd like to see six girls do that: the girl on the bottom sure would
>> have sticky thighs, eh? And a real man can stir his drink with his dick, and
>> caulk windows and bathroom tiles with it. What the hell can you do with your
>> cooze, slut? Pick up quarters? The hard way?
>>

>Now come on! Wasn't that a bit strong and uncalled for? I even take offense
>at some of those comments, and I don't offend very easily. Let's clean this
>up a little bit, OK?
>
>Sarah E. Dugan

Oh my, this does look familiar. Watch out Sarah, he might say he was KIDDING.

John Ruschmeyer

Jun 8, 1985, 6:18:56 PM6/8/85
>From: s...@ucla-cs.UUCP

>And, hey, how about this: Six guys can all use the same toilet at the same
>time. I'd like to see six girls do that...

Actually, they almost do. Have you ever been somewhere with a large group
of women and heard one announce that she was going to the rest room? Watch
closely, nearly every other one will come along!

(I apologize to the net for following up to this rather disgusting point. I
did, however, feel that this particular point was germain to the discussion
as a whole.)

--
Name: John Ruschmeyer
US Mail: Monmouth College, W. Long Branch, NJ 07764
Phone: (201) 222-6600 x366
UUCP: ...!vax135!petsd!moncol!john ...!princeton!moncol!john
...!pesnta!moncol!john
Silly Quote:
"I wanted to call it 'Nautical Lady' and Fred wanted
to call it 'Queen of the Sea'. So we took the first
three letters of my name and the last three letters
of his."

Fred

Jun 8, 1985, 11:46:39 PM6/8/85
In article <9...@ulysses.UUCP> s...@ulysses.UUCP (Steven Bellovin) writes:
a lot of stuff

While I agree about Scott's personality (disgusting), it is technically
possible for a woman to be both a) slut (sexually promiscuous) and
b) frigid (unable to orgasm). I know several.

Also, it is his type of article (ie. ridiculous) that makes this
newsgroup so funny to read.

Then again, I just may be weird.

Fred

"Don't argue over anything that can be settled with a FLAMEthrower."

Richard Mateosian

Jun 9, 1985, 8:46:36 AM6/9/85
I was going to resist participating in this one, but last night I attended
a performance of "Die Goetterdaemmerung" at the SF Opera House. The
performance began at 6:30, and the first intermission wasn't until 8:30.
At that time I went thru the coffee-then-rest-room routine. The main men's
room has 16 urinals and 6 toilets, and the line was out the door. I was
done in less than 5 minutes.

I don't know the details of the women's facilities, but the intermission
was extended to 35 minutes--10 minutes longer than usual.

Even for a normal opera--about an hour between intermissions--getting to
the women's room and back in 25 minutes is generally a challenge for my
wife.

**********

About a month or so ago, we attended a performance of the Bay Area Women's
Philharmonic, which was held at a Masonic Temple in San Francisco. At
that performance, the men's and women's rooms were interchanged, and the
men got to use a facility with no urinals and four toilets. I'm not sure
what sort of facility the women got, or what they did with the urinals.

**********

I don't know the point of this.

--
Richard Mateosian
{cbosgd,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!srm nsc!s...@decwrl.ARPA

Richard Mateosian

Jun 9, 1985, 9:01:02 AM6/9/85

> "No matter how much you shake and dance
> the last drop always falls in your pants."
>
>this is theoretically taught to young boys everywhere. All the guys
>that I know know it. So why the lack of toilet paper?

Have you ever looked for toilet paper near a urinal? Besides, it's
not true.

John Ruschmeyer

Jun 9, 1985, 2:00:09 PM6/9/85
>From: qu...@topaz.ARPA (Amqueue)

Conditioning, maybe? After all, the desingers of urinals never saw fit to
provide toilet paper. Could be we all learned to live with the condition.

James Wilbur Lewis

Jun 9, 1985, 10:49:48 PM6/9/85
>From: ba...@lll-crg.ARPA (Andrew Scott Beals)
>Newsgroups: net.flame,net.women

>Golly gee, Melinda Shore, haven't you ever heard the old joke?
>
>I'll just give the lead-in and punch-line...
>
>"At Havahd they teach us to wash our hands afterwards."
>
>"At MIT they teach us to not to piss on our hands."
>

>andy beals
>bandy@{lll-crg,mit-mc}.arpa {sun!lll-crg,ihnp4!mit-eddie}!bandy

At Berkeley, we don't NEED to be taught not to piss on our hands!

hee hee hee.....

-- Jim Lewis

Bing Bang

Jun 10, 1985, 12:24:24 AM6/10/85
>>> It's a dick, Jeanette, a cock, penis, etc., not a *thing*. I can understand
>>> that you've probably never seen one, you frigid bitch, but I'm certain you
>>> must have read about it. You and Sophie ought to get together some night
>>> for a good squat and talk all about the male anatomy.
>>>
>>> And, hey, how about this: Six guys can all use the same toilet at the same
>>> time. I'd like to see six girls do that: the girl on the bottom sure would
>>> have sticky thighs, eh? And a real man can stir his drink with his dick, and
>>> caulk windows and bathroom tiles with it. What the hell can you do with your
>>> cooze, slut? Pick up quarters? The hard way?

i'm sorry i just have to get this in:

Scot, you're an asshole.

Bing Bang

Jun 10, 1985, 12:38:41 AM6/10/85
In article <> je...@rtech.UUCP (Jeff Lichtman) writes:

>> > Penis envy is nothing to bitch about. Now surrogate scrotums...
>> >
>> > atv
>>

>> Envy it is for sure.
>>
>> I wanted, when I was young, ,to be a big game hunter so I could have some
>> fatastic trophy to mount on the wall over the fireplace.
>>
>> Now I know exactly what that trophy should be.
>>
>> jeanette l. zobjeck
>
>This would be very difficult to explain to the neighbors. On the other hand,
>putting it in plain sight might be a way of scaring off Jehova's Witnesses.
>
>A question: would you have the taxidermist make it flaccid or erect?
>
>Jeanette, please let me know when you have secured your trophy so I can
>remove my steel jockstrap.

hey jeanette, i think i'm safe without the steel jockstrap, since i take
it that you want something people can see from a reasonable distance?

Bing Bang

Jun 10, 1985, 12:59:42 AM6/10/85
In article <> qu...@topaz.UUCP (Amqueue) writes:
> There... have I gotten everything yet? toilets, dicrimination, handicaps,
>being proud, poor little women, uh... yeah, I guess so.

i'm a handicap, and i want to thank you for not leaving me out.....
>Hugs!
can i really?

>/amqueue

je...@rtech.uucp

Jun 10, 1985, 3:39:27 AM6/10/85

> It's a dick, Jeanette, a cock, penis, etc., not a *thing*. I can understand
> that you've probably never seen one, you frigid bitch, but I'm certain you
> must have read about it. You and Sophie ought to get together some night
> for a good squat and talk all about the male anatomy.
>
> And, hey, how about this: Six guys can all use the same toilet at the same
> time. I'd like to see six girls do that: the girl on the bottom sure would
> have sticky thighs, eh? And a real man can stir his drink with his dick, and
> caulk windows and bathroom tiles with it. What the hell can you do with your
> cooze, slut? Pick up quarters? The hard way?
>
> Scott R. Turner

This kind of stuff may be OK for net.flame, but please keep it out of
net.women. Unfortunately, someone started posting articles to both groups.
If you're going to get really disgusting (as above), please take net.women
out of the newsgroups line.

Judy McMullan

Jun 10, 1985, 10:59:07 AM6/10/85
---
>Then we'd all be butt-rammers. But, then, women wouldn't need tampons
>and we'd sure save on toilet paper, huh Steve? Nothing personal, but
>I'm glad God didn't use your schematics.
>
>Gregg Mackenzie
>denelcor!gmack

Go to the library. Find a basic anatomy book. Look at the pictures.
See? The pee-pee and the babies don't come from the same place.

Jeanette Zobjeck

Jun 10, 1985, 8:19:51 PM6/10/85

> > It's a ****, Jeanette, a @@@@, !!!!s, etc., not a *thing*. I can understand

> > that you've probably never seen one, you frigid bitch, but I'm certain you
> > must have read about it. You and Sophie ought to get together some night
> > for a good squat and talk all about the male anatomy.
> >
> > And, hey, how about this: Six guys can all use the same toilet at the same
> > time. I'd like to see six girls do that: the girl on the bottom sure would
> > have sticky thighs, eh? And a real man can stir his drink with his ****, and

> > caulk windows and bathroom tiles with it. What the hell can you do with your
> > #####, slut? Pick up quarters? The hard way?
> >
> > Scott R. Turner

I did not see the original posting of this but I have received much mail
essentially saying that Mr. Turner is out of line.

I would like to reply to Mr. Turner here.

Please excuse me.

Dear Scott,

It would seem that you have some deep dislike for yourself which
is now and has been for some time frustrating your efforts towards copoing
with the real world.
For this you have my sympathy.
Originally I had a rather flamable reply all composed for you
but before I sent it I re-read your posting and discovered that what I
was reading was a classic example of someone crying for help. I believe
that even the "Son of Sam" appealed for help in his own way.
I can speak for Sophie of course but for me I would like the people
on the net who read our original message, perhaps even some who have read
it wuoted also, to do all they can to help you out of your troubles. I would
myself but at this point in time your frustration and anger are directed at
me and I would not be able to communicate with you well enough to be of
help to you.

When you have your problems better in hand I would welcome hearing
anything you had to say but for now I cant see how you can contribute anything
of any real value because something inside you has made the path from your
brain to your keyboard take a detour through some hidden cranny of your
mind.

Live Long and Prosper

Jeanette L. Zobjeck
ihnp4!ihlpa!zubbie

s. dugan

Jun 10, 1985, 10:36:44 PM6/10/85
> In article <9...@ulysses.UUCP>, s...@ulysses.UUCP (Steven Bellovin) writes:
> > >
> > > < Scott details some of the advantages of having a dick while
> > > also pointing out that Jeanette can't pick up quarters with
> > > her genitals >
> > >
> > > Scott R. Turner
> > > ARPA: (now) s...@UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA (soon) s...@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU
> > > UUCP: ...!{cepu,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!srt
> > > SPUDNET: ...eye%s...@russet.spud
> >
> > < Steve get offended >
> >
> > --Steve Bellovin
>
> Aww, did big bad Scott offend little Stevie? Well, TOO FUCKING BAD!
> This is (altogether now...) NET FLAME!!!! If Scott wants to refer to
> Jeanette's anatomy in a non-flattering way, FINE. He has every right to
> do so! If Scott wants to proudly extoll the virtues of the male sex organ,
> FINE, he can use whatever words he wants to do so!
>
> If you don't like the way things are said in (altogether now..)
> NET.FLAME,
> DON'T READ THE GROUP THEN!!!
>

> This reminds me of the Right-wingers who complain about all the
> crap on television while not realizing that if they just turn it off,
> they won't be confronted by it.
>
> gees, some people are soooo touchy...
>

> --
> edward

Sorry, but I beg to differ. Those comments didn't just go out over net.flame,
they went out over net.women and they offended a lot of people, myself
included!

Jeanette Zobjeck

Jun 10, 1985, 11:21:50 PM6/10/85
> > > Penis envy is nothing to bitch about. Now surrogate scrotums...
> > >
> > > atv
> >
> > Envy it is for sure.
> >
> > I wanted, when I was young, ,to be a big game hunter so I could have some
> > fatastic trophy to mount on the wall over the fireplace.
> >
> > Now I know exactly what that trophy should be.
> >
> > jeanette l. zobjeck
>
> Yeah. Go out and hunt down a BIG one Jeanette. And be sure to
> have a taxidermist stuff it well. It could CUMe (sic) IN real HANDy on
> lonely Saturday nights.

As I am getting weak from old-age and sitting at a terminal all day
please send me your home and work addresses so I can collect the trophy
for suitable stuffing as soon as possible.

I have a friend who does taixdermy and he like to start any new project
by examining small specimens before he moves into the trophies class.
I assume you have something which vaguely resembles a penis only much
smaller and less functional. (Otherwhise how would you be able to
appreciate what might me "HANDy" and when.

jeanette l. zobjeck
ihnp4!ihlpa!zubbie

I hereby proclaim that any and all opinions thoughts ideas and other useless
parapharnalia resident in this posting belongs to no one other than myself.

Steven List

Jun 11, 1985, 12:14:15 AM6/11/85
In article <10...@peora.UUCP> j...@peora.UUCP (J. Eric Roskos) writes:
>Opx, uijt jt hfuujoh rvjuf pvu pg iboe. Gjstu xf ibwf "Nt." Ljstufo ufmmjoh

Who the fuck is this clown? Not only does he rotate in net.flame, but
^x doesn't unrotate it! I tried caesar 25 just for the hell of it and
voila!

Even a novice like me understands you don' gotta rotate shit in net.flame -
anyone who might get their feelin's hurt don' belong here!
--
***
* Steven List @ Benetics Corporation * (415) 940-6300

Steven List

Jun 11, 1985, 12:18:34 AM6/11/85
In article <2...@gatech.CSNET> sp...@gatech.UUCP (Gene Spafford) writes:

>In article <6...@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP> sh...@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Melinda Shore) writes:
>>Perhaps the real question is this:
>>
>> Why do men use so little toilet paper??
>
>Well, at least in my experience, following micturation I simply whack
>it against the porcelain a few times to shake out the last few drops.

I'll bet you get invited to a lot of softball games, huh, Gene? I can
just here them now:

"Let's invite Gene - he's got his own bat!"

But seriously, do you always whack it on the same side? Does your body
lean over that way? I've heard of getting a little on the side, but
you're carrying it to extremes!

Keep on whackin'

Phil Ngai

Jun 11, 1985, 12:25:50 AM6/11/85
In article <6...@lll-crg.ARPA> ba...@lll-crg.UUCP (Andrew Scott Beals) writes:
>On the other hand, Muffy is saying that it makes more sense to wrap
>them in toilet paper than to get blood all over the trash can (and
>have to wash it every month "It's really disgusting, dried blood.").

A friend of mine says she just sends them to the sewage treatment plant.
Biodegradable, right? My sisters gift-wrap them as they were taught by their
mother. "It wouldn't do for boys to see them. They might ask what they were."

--
A man could get elected President by promising to put
the phone company back together.

Phil Ngai (408) 749-5720
ARPA: amdcad!ph...@decwrl.ARPA

Gregg Mackenzie

Jun 11, 1985, 1:02:27 AM6/11/85
> Aww, did big bad Scott offend little Stevie? Well, TOO FUCKING BAD!
> This is (altogether now...) NET FLAME!!!! If Scott wants to refer to
> Jeanette's anatomy in a non-flattering way, FINE. He has every right to
> do so! If Scott wants to proudly extoll the virtues of the male sex organ,
> FINE, he can use whatever words he wants to do so!
>
> If you don't like the way things are said in (altogether now..)
> NET.FLAME,
> DON'T READ THE GROUP THEN!!!
> --
> edward

Fellow netters,

Please don't flame edward for his recent posting. It won't do any
good. It would be futile to point out that any idiot can read the "Newsgroups"
line and see that this stuff is going to net.women, as well as net.flame,
because edward wouldn't understand it.
You see, edward is actually an ape that the Learning Studies Dept. at
U of K has attempted to train to use a keyboard. You can see they've had
moderate success.
Unfortunately, edward got out the other night and wandered over to the
math department and mistook one of their terminals for his little keyboard and,
well, you saw what happened.
So, if it seems that edward doesn't have the slightest idea what he's
talking about, that's simply because...he doesn't.

Later & Greater,
Gregg Mackenzie
denelcor!gmack

Geoff Loker

Jun 11, 1985, 10:03:26 AM6/11/85
In article <18...@ukma.UUCP> edw...@ukma.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) writes:
>In article <9...@ulysses.UUCP>, s...@ulysses.UUCP (Steven Bellovin) writes:
>> >
>> > < Scott details some of the advantages of having a dick while
>> > also pointing out that Jeanette can't pick up quarters with
>> > her genitals >
>> >
>> > Scott R. Turner
>> > ARPA: (now) s...@UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA (soon) s...@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU
>> > UUCP: ...!{cepu,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!srt
>> > SPUDNET: ...eye%s...@russet.spud
>>
>> < Steve get offended >
>>
>> --Steve Bellovin
>
> Aww, did big bad Scott offend little Stevie? Well, TOO FUCKING BAD!
>This is (altogether now...) NET FLAME!!!!
> .
> .
> .

> If you don't like the way things are said in (altogether now..)
>NET.FLAME,
> DON'T READ THE GROUP THEN!!!

Please note that this is NOT JUST net.flame; this is also posted to
net.women (or didn't you notice the double posting?) If someone is
going to get as abusive as Scott did in his reply, let the double
posting be changed to go JUST to net.flame -- that way, people who
read the other group(s) won't have to worry about coming up against
such trash unless they want to read net.flame.

--
Geoff Loker
Department of Computer Science

USENET: {ihnp4 decwrl utzoo uw-beaver}!utcsri!utai!gkloker
CSNET: gkloker@toronto
ARPANET: gkloker.toronto@csnet-relay

ANDREW VARE

Jun 11, 1985, 12:08:56 PM6/11/85
In article <79...@ucbvax.ARPA>, j...@ucbvax.ARPA (James Wilbur Lewis) writes:
> >From: ba...@lll-crg.ARPA (Andrew Scott Beals)
> >Newsgroups: net.flame,net.women
> >
> >"At Havahd they teach us to wash our hands afterwards."
> >
> >"At MIT they teach us to not to piss on our hands."
> >
> At Berkeley, we don't NEED to be taught not to piss on our hands!

OK boys and girls, here's my two cents:

at Harvard they're taught to wash their hands after urinating,
at MIT they don't urinate,
at Berkeley they don't need to wash their hands after urinating, (no
need-wipe it on your shirt )
at Wharton they wipe their hands with the Wall Street Journal,
and
at UCSD we have voluptuous blond comm majors wash them for us...

Now I know you all needed to hear this, but I just thought I'd set
the record straight once and for all. :-).

atv

Joe Hill

Jun 11, 1985, 1:04:47 PM6/11/85

Thanks,
After reading the last 100 or so articles about bathroom activities
I have the incentive to clean my cat box.

-pogo
p.s. I tried sitting down, it does dip in the water.

--
Joe Hill

USNET: {linus|decvax|cornell|astrovax}!dartvax!joeh
ARPA: joeh%dartmouth@csnet-relay
CSNET: joeh@dartmouth

Senior Dwarf

Jun 12, 1985, 1:52:06 AM6/12/85
> >It makes more sense to wrap

> >them in toilet paper than to get blood all over the trash can (and
> >have to wash it every month "It's really disgusting, dried blood.").

Blood is the color of life. And life is not disgusting--or is it?

> My sisters gift-wrap them as they were taught by their
> mother. "It wouldn't do for boys to see them. They might ask what they were."

Right on! Boys should be kept ignorant about and alienated from girls.

But do napkins have to be wrapped in miles of toilet paper when two layers
will do as well?
Women, of the world, mend your ways, or one of these days
we will have a toilet paper crisis. :-)

Cheers,
Bernd <bear-nd> *** hooray for USENET ***
UUCP: ...!ucbvax!sdcsvax!sdcc12!wa371, ARPA: sdcsvax!sdcc12!wa371@nosc

Richard Mateosian

Jun 12, 1985, 2:48:16 AM6/12/85
> Aww, did big bad Scott offend little Stevie? Well, TOO FUCKING BAD!
>This is (altogether now...) NET FLAME!!!!
>
> If you don't like the way things are said in (altogether now..)
>NET.FLAME,
> DON'T READ THE GROUP THEN!!!

I haven't subscribed to net.flame for a long time. If you had sufficient
IQ to consult the newsgroups line before running your mouth, you'd know
that all of the disgusting garbage referenced above was also posted to
net.women.

That's also where I read your posting, but notice that I've cleverly
edited the newsgroups line so that you'll only read this in net.flame.
Someday, when you grow up, you'll be able to use an editor too. If
your IQ improves.

It is loading more messages.