first bike? (rot6)

s...@ucla-cs.uucp

Oct 28, 1985, 5:04:30 PM10/28/85
<Ernq guvf zrffntr jvgu "ge t-yn-sf-kz-emlT-YN-SF-KZ-EML n-mN-M">

Ct gxncifk <29...@mot.ooiv> ib...@mot.ooiv (Ibow Put Xumvgib) qxcnkm:
>C's fuuecta nu hoz sz lcxmn izifk. Gtzutk qgtn nu moaakmn g auuj lcxmn hcek
>lux muskutk qbu'm tkpkx hkkt ut utk hkluxk? C's vfgttcta sgctfz nu ju mbuxn
>(~10 scfk) iussoncta gtj fuigf kxxgtj nzvk mnoll.

Lux zuo, Ibow, C moaakmn g Tctdg 1000 qcnb tu bkfskn.

-- Miunn

e.c.leeper

Oct 31, 1985, 9:28:40 PM10/31/85
to ecl

I have seen several articles beginning with lines of the sort:
> <Read this message with "tr g-la-fs-xm-rzyG-LA-FS-XM-RZY a-zA-Z">

Why the hell should I bother? Some people obviously think that their words are
such gems that we will go to all sorts of extraordinary lengths to read them!
I will read regular articles or articles I can read with 'D', but I will *not*
go through the hassle of saving the article, extracting the 'tr' line, and
running it.

Does anyone read these egocentric articles?

Evelyn C. Leeper
...ihnp4!mtgzz!ecl

mce...@uiucdcs.cs.uiuc.edu

Nov 2, 1985, 2:30:00 PM11/2/85

I don't anymore. I went to the trouble the first 2 times that I saw this,
only to discover totally worthless drivel that wasn't worth reading even if
it weren't rotated. I assume that this is just an attention getting device
from someone who doesn't really have anything to say but wants to be noticed.

Scott McEwan
{ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!mcewan

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"

Robert

Nov 5, 1985, 12:17:24 AM11/5/85

>I have seen several articles beginning with lines of the sort:

>>> <Read this message with "tr g-la-fs-xm-rzyG-LA-FS-XM-RZY a-zA-Z">

>Why the hell should I bother? I will *not* go through the hassle of

>saving the article, extracting the 'tr' line, and running it.
>Does anyone read these egocentric articles?

I'm not sure which is funnier. The thought that someone actually might
go to the trouble of reading those articles, or you asking. Of course
no one reads them. Silly question.

Robert

Kenneth Adam Arromdee

Nov 8, 1985, 9:17:23 AM11/8/85
>I was stupid enough to try it, and it didn't even work. Just sat there.
>tr (all the junk) < old > new
>That was the real joke.
> --Kevin Chu

The correct syntax for reading them is tr [g-l][a-f][s-x][m-r]zy[G-L][A-F][S-
X][M-R]ZY [a-z][A-Z]. The author apparently left out the brackets.
If you know the alphabet up to 'k', you can teach it up to 'k'.

Kenneth Arromdee
BITNET: G46I4701 at JHUVM and INS_AKAA at JHUVMS
CSNET: ins_...@jhunix.CSNET
ARPA: ins_akaa%jhu...@hopkins.ARPA
UUCP: ...{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!seismo!umcp-cs!aplvax!aplcen!jhunix!ins_akaa