HELP ME (*Oh, what a flame for JJ@Portal*)

SL...@usu.bitnet

May 24, 1988, 11:44:49 PM5/24/88
Reference: 58...@cup.portal.com

In article <58...@cup.portal.com> J...@cup.portal.com (UNK) writes:
>Poor College Student needs Your Help!! :-(
>
>Hi. I just finished my junior year in college, and now I'm
>faced with a major problem. I can't afford to pay for my senior
>year. I've tried everything. I can't get any more student loans,
>I don't qualify for any more scholarships, and my parents are as
>broke as am I. So as you can see, I've got a major problem. But
>as far as I can see, there is only one solution, to go forward.
>I've come along way, and there is no chance in hell that I'm going
>to drop out now! I'm not a quiter, and I'm not going to give up.
> [ I'm sure that everyone knows the rest of the message by now ]
> [ Rest of garbage wasted ]

[*FLAME THROWER ON FULL*]

I can not believe what an asinine thing you did by sending a
message like you have over the last few days. Just on the 24th of
May you sent that one message to atleast 22 Newsgroups. With the cost
it would take some people to download just that one message would much
out-weigh any chance of getting money from almost anybody on the Usenet
that has any sense about them.
I for one would never send money to someone that would resort to
such feable attempts such as you have. You have reminded me of someone that
would try to scam money from the welfare services, even when you are not in
need of the money. You are just taking advantage of a service that is
available. You obviously have enough money to be able to get on the computer
everyday and send that same damn message. If you are just trying to get
And besides, what makes you feel that you are so much more special than
anybody else that people should send you money and not send it to somebody else