Spiderman and Mary Jane.

Chris Tamanaha

Mar 11, 1986, 1:16:00 AM3/11/86

My friend wants to know in what issue of what comic did Spiderman
reveal his secret identity to Mary Jane or rather did she stumble upon it?
And along the same lines -- what other characters (living or dead) know or
knew the connection between Peter Parker and Spiderman?

Thanks in advance.

- Chris Tamanaha
ARPA==> tama...@Csvax.Caltech.Edu

Laura Nepveu

Mar 18, 1986, 12:32:43 AM3/18/86
In article <2...@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> tama...@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (Chris Tamanaha) writes:

> My friend wants to know in what issue of what comic did Spiderman
>reveal his secret identity to Mary Jane or rather did she stumble upon it?

This happened within the last year or so in Amazing Spiderman.
Mary Jane admits to Peter Parker that she knows he's Spiderman.
She has apparently known for quite some time because she refused
his marriage proposal 3 or 4 years ago on the basis of this
info. I don't have access to my collection right now or I'd
give you the exact issues.

>And along the same lines -- what other characters (living or dead) know or
>knew the connection between Peter Parker and Spiderman?

Dead:
Gwen Stacy's father
Gwen Stacy
(actually her clone is now living somewhere in the SW USA)
The Green Goblin
The Jackal
(one of Peter's old professors--also made Gwen Stacy clone)
The Jackal's clone
(not known by this name but I forget what it really is.
This character was very gruesome and one of the most
frightening Spiderman has ever faced in my humble opinion.)

Living:
Mary Jane
The Hobgoblin (Possibly)

This list is incomplete. I'll search back issues and see if I
can come up with a complete list and the pertinent issues.

Laura Nepveu
>Chris Tamanaha

mce...@uiucdcs.cs.uiuc.edu

Mar 20, 1986, 5:27:00 PM3/20/86

>>And along the same lines -- what other characters (living or dead) know or
>>knew the connection between Peter Parker and Spiderman?
>
>Dead:
> Gwen Stacy's father
> Gwen Stacy
> (actually her clone is now living somewhere in the SW USA)
> The Green Goblin
> The Jackal
> (one of Peter's old professors--also made Gwen Stacy clone)
> The Jackal's clone
> (not known by this name but I forget what it really is.
> This character was very gruesome and one of the most
> frightening Spiderman has ever faced in my humble opinion.)
>
>Living:
> Mary Jane
> The Hobgoblin (Possibly)

The Jackal's clone was Carrion. I don't think that Gwen or the Hobgoblin
every knew. I think the only others are Matt Murdock and Madam Web.

Scott McEwan
{ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!mcewan

"I'm sorry, sir. According to your identification you're not even born
yet. Come back in 500 years."

Mr. Berry

Mar 21, 1986, 1:30:19 PM3/21/86
Re: Those who know Spidey's identity

Let's not leave out Felicia Hardy (aka The Black Cat).

"Even though he's COMOTOSE, he must have activated his ability to
project a mucous extradimensional substance into this reality."
Scott J. Berry ihnp4!hou2g!scott