March Reviews Pt. 2

sds...@ritcv.uucp

Mar 18, 1986, 3:54:31 PM3/18/86

The rating system:

(How much I wouldrhave paid after reading the book)/(cover price)

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #252 .65/.75

Despero is back. Theenew Despero is very well portrayed. While
maybe not as powerful as say Trigon, he is after Trigon's own heart. A
quite exciting issue on the whole. However I don't think i like this
thing I seeedeveloping between Batman and Vixen. Maybe it won't go any-
where.

TALES OF THE TEEN TITANS #67 .65/.75

The Titans fight side-by-side with the mythological Titans
against Thia the Sun goddess(sp). Visually excellent but theestory
seems a little trite. Even though this is a reprint, it is the first
time I have read it.

VIGILANTE #31 1.00/1.50

Paul Kupperburg's handling of the Vigilanteehas been good all
along. He keeps the Vig. more than just a jerk running around with
a gun. The street fights are nice, but I also like the way Paul touches
on Chase's feeling throught the story. I have theefeeling that sooner or
later Chase is going to explode. I also wonder what the Indian spirits who
madeeChaseeinto the Vig. think about all of this.

ALPHA FLIGHT #36 .60/.75

Bill seems to berouhandling the team fairly well. I like the idea
of snowbird being pregnant. Shaman has come around quiternicely from a
few issues ago, yet i am still a littleemystified about what his new
powers really are.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #278 .65/.75

I liked seeing Peter's feelings as he interviews Flash in jail.
Even though I hated the hype-up on this book about the revealing of a
falseeidentity, Tomr(DeFalco) is handleing the situation quite well.
By theedoesn't anybodyrout there wonder who the Rose is.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #319 .55/.75

The search for Scourge continues. The death count grows.
Yawn.

MARVEL UNIVERSE #8 1.00/1.50

If you like seing Jack Power green it is not bad. I collect
this book for the information contained. I still don't see anything
delux about it.

That's it for now.

Steven D. Smit

Roy Blaise Amodeo IV

Mar 22, 1986, 11:36:45 PM3/22/86
In article <94...@ritcv.UUCP> sds...@ritcv.UUCP () writes:

>By the way doesn't anybody out there wonder who the Rose is.

One of my friends is convinced that the Rose is Ned Leeds. He has no
real opinions on the Hobgoblin. Just a thought.

Incidentally, after the latest issue of Web, I think you can lump in
Joy Mercado with those who know Spiderman's secret. Either that or you
can lump her in with the Teri Copley class of Vegetables That Are Fun
to Look At.

Werewolf

"Go go Godzilla!"