WWJD

Peter da Silva

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
The first time I saw a WWJD bracelet was at a craft store that was, at the
time, done up in totally insincere and entrepreneurial Christmas Decorations
somewhere between Halloween and Thanksgiving. I picked this up, while
standing in line, and asked the checker "WWJD, what does that mean?"...

This very nice obviously sincere elderly lady explained. I was speechless.
There is no way I could say what was on my mind, which was that if Jesus
was there, then, in that place and time, he'd make the "moneylenders in
the temple" act seem like Steve Wright warming up for Weird Al Yankovic.

--
This is The Reverend Peter da Silva's Boring Sig File - there are no references
to Wolves, Kibo, Discordianism, or The Church of the Subgenius in this document

Executive Vice President, Corporate Communications, Entropy Gradient Reversals.

Josh Brandt

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99

In article <7t38s2$8...@bonkers.taronga.com>,

Peter da Silva <pe...@taronga.com> wrote:

>standing in line, and asked the checker "WWJD, what does that mean?"...

Or there's always the DFC: "...except that when Bil thought 'What Would
Jesus Do,' he used Jesus, the Hispanic ex-con who worked at the local gas
station..."

Josh

--
all the clouds turn to words / all the words float in sequence / eno
no one knows what they mean / everyone just ignores them / sky saw

David Iain Greig

Oct 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/2/99
Peter da Silva <pe...@taronga.com> wrote:
>The first time I saw a WWJD bracelet was at a craft store that was, at the
>time, done up in totally insincere and entrepreneurial Christmas Decorations
>somewhere between Halloween and Thanksgiving. I picked this up, while
>standing in line, and asked the checker "WWJD, what does that mean?"...

Mmm. Maybe you could turn it into 'What Would JHWH do?'

This would usually give an answer like 'wipe the sinners out',
'kill everyone', or 'turn them into pillars of salt'.

--D.

Boy Mozart

Oct 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/5/99
pe...@taronga.com (Peter da Silva) writes:

>There is no way I could say what was on my mind, which was that if Jesus
>was there, then, in that place and time, he'd make the "moneylenders in
>the temple" act seem like Steve Wright warming up for Weird Al Yankovic.

This story is re-told in each of the first four books in the New
Testament. I've been to at least two Catholic churches that had gift
shops in the lobby. If I'd gone in and mentioned, for example, Mark
2:13-16, I would have been told, very firmly, "It's for the Church."

WWJD, LLC.