Misconceived Notions

st. paul's wort

Mar 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/4/98

Three words: Goth line dancing.

rone
"hoedown in it"
--
The finest day that i ever had
Was when i learned to cry on demand

st. paul's wort

Mar 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/5/98

In article <6dlqda$r...@bonkers.taronga.com>,
Peter da Silva <pe...@taronga.com> wrote:
>Country and western rap.

I'm trying to imagine Garth Brooks wearing cornrows.

rone

st. paul's wort

Mar 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/5/98

In article <6dnp93$p...@news1.panix.com>, Bob Dively <di...@panix.com> wrote:
>Hip hop polka.

What do you think ska is?

joshua geller

Mar 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/5/98

rone+...@ennui.org (st. paul's wort) writes:

> In article <6dnp93$p...@news1.panix.com>, Bob Dively <di...@panix.com> wrote:
> >Hip hop polka.

> What do you think ska is?

my favorite is waila music.

o'odham dance music.

but polka music is all through northern mexico and the southwest
united states of (north) america. it gets sung in spanish, or yaqui,
or taramuhara or it doesn't get sung at all (waila music is strictly
instrumental); and it has a lot of indian rhythms to it. but it is
still polka music.

waila is fucking great. it is not possible to sit still when you
listen to it. it is only genuinely heard in the plaza of san xavier
mission on the wak o'odham reservation. possibly on the tohono o'odham
reservation too, but I haven't heard it there.

josh

Bob Dively

Mar 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/6/98

Peter da Silva <pe...@taronga.com> wrote:
: In article <rone.WedMar4182...@ennui.org>,
: st. paul's wort <rone+...@ennui.org> wrote:
:>Three words: Goth line dancing.

: Country and western rap.

Hip hop polka.

--
Bob Dively | I'm not a lawyer,
di...@panix.com | but I play one on the Internet.

Morgana

Mar 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/6/98

joshua geller (dcl...@shell5.ba.best.com) wrote:
: waila is fucking great. it is not possible to sit still when you

: listen to it. it is only genuinely heard in the plaza of san xavier
: mission on the wak o'odham reservation. possibly on the tohono o'odham
: reservation too, but I haven't heard it there.

so *that's* what they were playing that night at kitt peak...i couldn't
keep still either. i have no idea why they were there, but kitt peak
is right next to the center of the o'odham universe, ie baboquivairi.

i may miss working at kitt peak, but t00son is still the angst capital
of the universe. and it will still be nuked to glass. and i'll watch
from the observation deck of the 4 meter telescope. and then i'll
sail the glass-bottomed lake in opaque-bottomed boats.

bah.

rachel (where is net.angst, anyway?)
--
rachel perkins - http://www.idiom.com/~rachel - rac...@angst.org
"i guess only women in cages can play down the things they lose.."

rif...@cybernothing.org

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

pe...@taronga.com (Peter da Silva) wrote:
>In article <rone.WedMar4182...@ennui.org>, st. paul's wort <rone+...@ennui.org> wrote: