Washington Academy of Sciences Centennial

Peg Kay

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

On the occasion of our 100th birthday, the Washington Academy of
Sciences has made available a downloadable replication of three
articles from the first volume of the Adademy's Proceedings. That
issue, dated December 29, 1899, contained (among other articles) "The
Economic Development
of the District of Columbia", "The Political Development of the
District of Columbia", and "The Coming of the White Man, and the
Founding of the National Capital".

You are invited to visit our wesite at http://www.inform.umd.edu/WAS.
Once there, click on the last item on the What's Up.Doc board. The
Proceedings await you there.

We hope you enjoy our birthday gift to you. We would appreciate your
comments, sent to p...@vertechinc.com.

Peg