TINC and the rest of the world

Richard J. Sexton

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
Gentlefolk;

While I'm generally supporting of the TINC efforts, you people
are runing the risk of being patently ignored. For better or
worse, the USG in in charge and has recognized
the IFWP effort, which will make a new entity to replace IANA.

Currently, all root server confederations (except TINC)
are consolidating. This is spearheaded by ORSC.

It used to be that poeple that controlled the servers
pretty much ran the network, but I'm afraid those days
are over.

IMO, you poeple need an agenda, a position and need to
demonstrate a willing ness to compromsie and cooperate with
the rest of the TLD/root community, least what you
have done will just be regareded as a geeks version of Alternic.

--
Richard Sexton 28...@mbz.org Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada
1970 280SE, 1972 280SE http://www.mbz.org