COLAs: an open source of Cache Oblivious Lookahead Arrays

BohuTANG

Oct 18, 2012, 2:35:38 AM10/18/12
to nes...@googlegroups.com
Hi, everyone

In storage engine, Cache Oblivious is a cool stuff!
So I implemented one, called COLAs, and code is here: https://github.com/shuttler/COLAs

Features:
1) very fast for random insertion
2) cache oblivious(non-block size limited)

So, plan to change LSM-tree to COLAs for nessDB storage engine.
It maybe version 1.9, I think.

Best,
BohuTANG

Wen Xie

Mar 7, 2013, 2:59:28 AM3/7/13
to nes...@googlegroups.com
Hi
The link is unavailable.
So nice if the link is fixed up.
Really hard for me to understand how COLA works.
Thanks a lot.

在 2012年10月18日星期四UTC+8下午2时35分38秒,BohuTANG写道:

Bohu TANG

Mar 7, 2013, 3:21:22 AM3/7/13
to nes...@googlegroups.com
O, the repository has been deleted.
I think COLAs just an educational tool, since it's merging maybe latency.
But here is visual demo via Acunu:

and COLA's paper is here:

BohuTANG

"The great artist is the simplifier."--- Vincent Van Gogh

Wen Xie

Mar 7, 2013, 4:49:06 AM3/7/13
to nes...@googlegroups.com
Great, the demo looks so straightforward.
It helps me a lot for understanding the deamortization.
Thanks again.
What confused me before was how to add fractional cascading to basic COLA.
Thanks to the paper,  it's clear now.

BTW
LSM-trees has a nice idea for update and deletion.
Since TokuDB supports these operations,
any good idea for adding this operations to COLA?

在 2013年3月7日星期四UTC+8下午4时21分22秒,BohuTANG写道:

Bohu TANG

Mar 7, 2013, 5:15:16 AM3/7/13
to nes...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM, Wen Xie <applep...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great, the demo looks so straightforward.
It helps me a lot for understanding the deamortization.
Thanks again.
What confused me before was how to add fractional cascading to basic COLA.
Thanks to the paper,  it's clear now.

BTW
LSM-trees has a nice idea for update and deletion.
Since TokuDB supports these operations,
any good idea for adding this operations to COLA?
COLA is also a 'log merged structure' too, i think.
As you said, it's 'deamortization', this is important.
hmm... i think here is make some sense nessDB v3.0 draft https://github.com/shuttler/nessDB/wiki/nessDB-v3.0