Proposal to convert nessDB to a cross platform library

maxpert

Mar 12, 2016, 11:28:40 PM3/12/16
to nessDB
I have been working on Windows Universal Platform. There is definitely a huge gap on database side right now. I recently ported LevelDB to the platform and I strongly feel if nessDB can be written as a cross platform library, creating proper abstractions (so that it can be compiled on Mac, Linux, and Windows) it can be made into a library that we can actually port to iOS, Android, and UWP making it a standard key-value store for all client side platforms.
I don't know how much you will be interested in creating such option for nessDB but I think nessDB can be converted into a standard go to embedded key-value store for mobile platforms.

Bohu TANG

Mar 14, 2016, 1:32:22 AM3/14/16
to nes...@googlegroups.com
That's interesting.
But nessDB is still working in processes, there are a lot of things to do for production, and going slowly(work is busy) :D
Sorry for now.

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 12:28 PM, maxpert <zohaib...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have been working on Windows Universal Platform. There is definitely a huge gap on database side right now. I recently ported LevelDB to the platform and I strongly feel if nessDB can be written as a cross platform library, creating proper abstractions (so that it can be compiled on Mac, Linux, and Windows) it can be made into a library that we can actually port to iOS, Android, and UWP making it a standard key-value store for all client side platforms.
I don't know how much you will be interested in creating such option for nessDB but I think nessDB can be converted into a standard go to embedded key-value store for mobile platforms.

BohuTANG

"The great artist is the simplifier."--- Vincent Van Gogh