can't install python bindings on windows

Vasile Ermicioi

Mar 2, 2013, 2:33:08 AM3/2/13
to nes...@googlegroups.com
hi,
I do
python setup.py build

and got an error
internal.h(17) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dirent.h': No such file or directory

BohuTANG

Mar 2, 2013, 4:39:13 AM3/2/13
to nes...@googlegroups.com
O, nessDB does NOT support Win*, it can be compiled and used on Linux, OSX, and *BSD.

BohuTANG

Vasile

Mar 5, 2013, 12:05:07 PM3/5/13
to nes...@googlegroups.com
O, nessDB does NOT support Win*
why not? what are nessdb dependecies?

also a few other questions
1) do you have benchmarks against leveldb and tokyocabinet?
2) why GPL? if because of quicklz then you can use lz4
3) what do you think about naskitis btrie?

BohuTANG

Mar 6, 2013, 1:25:00 AM3/6/13
to nes...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:05:07 AM UTC+8, Vasile wrote:
O, nessDB does NOT support Win*
why not? what are nessdb dependecies?
First, the design is not for win* platform.
Secondary, if you want to complie it on Win*, i guess you should install some others(such as MinGW), but I can not guarantee that pass, and I've never tried it.

also a few other questions
1) do you have benchmarks against leveldb and tokyocabinet?
Yes, a few days ago, there is a non professional testing with levelDB.
It's as fast as levelDB on random insertion(not test read, but i think it's fast too).
You can do it using 'make db-bench' too.
I believe it's faster than others under our roll-and-roll beating.

2) why GPL? if because of quicklz then you can use lz4
Oh, this is a thorny issue for me. In some ways, it's fans of linux kernel.

3) what do you think about naskitis btrie?
Did not know it, but it looks interesting.
nessDB is being improved, now we are on the way to the Cache Oblivious (http://supertech.csail.mit.edu/cacheObliviousBTree.html).