Robotics mentors needed for Oakland high school students!

Constance Taylor

Feb 2, 2015, 1:47:35 AM2/2/15
to nerdhe...@googlegroups.com, nerdsfo...@googlegroups.com, ktn...@aol.com
Hi all,

Katie Noonan is a fantastic teacher at Oakland High who's looking for some knowledgeable volunteers to help her environmental science students put together some robots from OpenROV. If you're interested, you can e-mail her at ktn...@aol.com.

The e-mail request she sent is below.

Thanks!

Best,
Constance

To: cons...@wildoakland.org
Subject: Can you help us get robotics mentors?
From: ktn...@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 11:26:07 -0500

Dear Constance,

Last year, my students  built and flew a remotely operated vehicle in Lake Merritt and at Catalina Island. We had generous help from the CEO's and employees from OpenROV in Berkeley.

We have been given a new kit and my students are excited to build it. Do you know of anyone who might like to help out one or more afternoons at Oakland High. They would need to be able to read the build manual and solder.  We have some tools.  Thank you for considering and for your work with us.

Katie Noonan
Environmental Science Academy
Oakland High