Wild Oakland Presents... Mushroom Identification at Redwood Regional Park!

Constance Taylor

Jan 1, 2015, 12:18:41 PM1/1/15
to nerdsfo...@googlegroups.com, nerdhe...@googlegroups.com

Wild Oakland Presents... Mushroom Identification at Redwood Regional Park!

Where: Redwood Regional Park (Canyon Meadows Staging Area), 7867 Redwood Rd, Oakland, 94619

When: Saturday January 10, from 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm

Cost: FREE!

California is experiencing its wettest winter in three years, and the fungal kingdom is racing to reproduce. Come on a walk with Naturalist Trent Pearce and explore what’s fruiting. We’ll focus on common fungal families and genera. This walk will not include tasting or collecting!

We will meet rain or shine at 12 noon at Canyon Meadows Staging Area, Redwood Regional Park (7867 Redwood Rd, Oakland).  Dress to get wet/muddy, and bring drinking water. 2 hrs, up to 2 miles, ~1000′ elevation change.

Please RSVP to in...@wildoakland.org. See you there!

www.wildoakland.org