Derailment ??

CHARLES PETLICK

Jan 12, 2022, 10:20:24 AM1/12/22
to nerail
Somekind of unusual activity occuring near, or at, Alfred Road Switch.

PO-4 was trying to switch cars there Monday evening.  Some kind of issue was found with the Derailer.  Don't know what occured.

Been a slow speed since going by that location.

PO-3 is headed there with 4 cars to leave.

5973 has arrived in the area with me thinks maybe a railroad crane ????

No windows trains east of Wells today.

That is waaaay more than I actually know.

joh...@megalink.net

Jan 12, 2022, 12:40:50 PM1/12/22
to nerail
It was covered on channels 6 and 8 up here.  2 propane cars derailed near AR.  I am not sure it wasn't near the South St Bridge where it ices up.  Reportedly there was a small leak on one car that was fixed by the FD.  The radio silence was deafening.