Portsmouth Complains

CHARLES PETLICK

Oct 8, 2021, 9:05:32 AM10/8/21
to nerail
More noise and smelly diesel fumes made the front page of the local rag this morning.  Complaints of locomotives ideling for hours.
  There probably is some validity to that.  DO-2 has been leaving the train in Portsmouth from Rockingham Jct around 06:00,  give or take.  The DO-1 crew typically arrive from Rigby in the 10:00 time frame.  So,  if my math is correct,  there is about 4 hours of un-attended train ideling issue right there.

  But,  as a side show,  recently 2 more buildings sold in Portsmouth for over $3,000,000.  Not too long ago,  a ranch style house went for over $4,000,000.  Hey,  it' s just money !!!   Now,  the liberals want the peace and quiet they paid for.

Gene Hollett

Oct 8, 2021, 11:35:10 AM10/8/21
to ner...@googlegroups.com
My response to that is: You should have checked that out before you signed on the dotted line. The railway was there first. Bruce

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 8, 2021, at 10:05 AM, CHARLES PETLICK <cpet...@comcast.net> wrote:

More noise and smelly diesel fumes made the front page of the local rag this morning.  Complaints of locomotives ideling for hours.
  There probably is some validity to that.  DO-2 has been leaving the train in Portsmouth from Rockingham Jct around 06:00,  give or take.  The DO-1 crew typically arrive from Rigby in the 10:00 time frame.  So,  if my math is correct,  there is about 4 hours of un-attended train ideling issue right there.

  But,  as a side show,  recently 2 more buildings sold in Portsmouth for over $3,000,000.  Not too long ago,  a ranch style house went for over $4,000,000.  Hey,  it' s just money !!!   Now,  the liberals want the peace and quiet they paid for.

Jonathan Mayhew

Oct 8, 2021, 11:40:43 AM10/8/21
to ner...@googlegroups.com
Very true! Any rational person would see the railway and before buying the property would consider it could potentially get busier one of these days….

Maybe they will move out, buy a house near an airport and complain about the aircraft noise instead :-)