any helpful hint's

Thomas Lovejoy

Oct 22, 2022, 12:10:56 PM10/22/22
to Neracar
I hope to be riding my Neracar shortly, any helpful hint's for riding, maintaining, safety while riding ? what ratio of oil to gas mixture are you folks using ? I used 30/1 for my 1st start up. Any problem areas to keep an eye on ? thanks for your thought's

Andy Pugh

Oct 22, 2022, 12:28:03 PM10/22/22
to Thomas Lovejoy, Neracar

> On 22 Oct 2022, at 17:10, Thomas Lovejoy <indiansco...@netzero.com> wrote:
>
> what ratio of oil to gas mixture are you folks using ?

I have been using the same 40:1 that my other 200cc 2-stroke uses. That makes 37hp so I reckon that with modern fully-synth I can go weaker than the original spec.

Thomas Lovejoy

Oct 23, 2022, 11:33:19 AM10/23/22
to Neracar
very good, thanks

feussc...@aol.com

Oct 23, 2022, 11:35:28 AM10/23/22
to Thomas Lovejoy, Neracar
I feel shure if I use 25:1 ratio for my model A

> what ratio of oil to gas mixture are you folks using ?

I have been using the same 40:1 that my other 200cc 2-stroke uses. That makes 37hp so I reckon that with modern fully-synth I can go weaker than the original spec.

Ben

Oct 23, 2022, 3:54:02 PM10/23/22
to Neracar
I use 25:1 as well for my English Model A.

andy.h...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2023, 12:47:36 PM11/16/23
to Neracar
I have been using 20:1 in my English model A along with some ZX1.

I have no issues with fouling and only once thought the engine was starting to get a bit hot and tight on a long gradual climb when riding along with the Pioneer run

Ben

Nov 17, 2023, 5:14:18 AM11/17/23
to Neracar
I've been using 40 ml oil on 1 liter of petrol, which is 1:25 Castrol Power RS Two Stroke without any problems and no smoke.