Re: {Neracar} Digest for neracar@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Lewis Meyer

Sep 13, 2021, 9:26:02 PM9/13/21
to ner...@googlegroups.com
My friction wheel looks pretty shiny and my Neracar still surprises people with its hill climbing. Maybe check the cable fittings?

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 5:33 PM <ner...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
"andy.h...@gmail.com" <andy.h...@gmail.com>: Sep 13 12:22PM -0700

Having woken the bike from 18 months of inactivity due to Covid I have
found the friction drive is slipping more than it did before.

I have cleaned the face of the flywheel with brake cleaner but wondered
what I could do with the fiction wheel which is looking very smooth and
quite shiny.

Could I some brake cleaner on a rag to remove contamination or could I use
a bit of wet and dry to rough the surface a little.

Has anyone done any revitalising of their friction wheel?

Plan to ride along with the Pioneer Run on Sunday 3rd October - anyone else
going along?

Joe Joseph

Sep 14, 2021, 11:51:42 AM9/14/21
to Neracar Group
Hi Andy

I used brake cleaner on the flywheel face and 250grit paper on the surface of the friction wheel. But, what seemed to really make a difference, at least on my machine, was setting the clearance between the face and wheel.

Joe