Big-head 2BA screws

andy pugh

May 6, 2022, 4:10:55 PM5/6/22
to Neracar Group
The 2BA screws that hold the brass friction plate to the flywheel have
a conersink that is larger than the current standard head size for
2BA.

(Poor quality photo)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/eChp1QjJzw2jtCAY8

This is largly a cosmetic issue, but does bug me.

A solution is to buy M5 screws (which have almost exactly the same
thread pitch on a larger diameter) and re-thread them with a die.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/A39KZ5WBt1RbQ3Cc6

The next step is to make a simple fixture to allow me to re-thread
them without damaging the slot in the process.

--
atp
lunatics."