LH Frame Strengthen Plate

andy.h...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2022, 11:33:26 AM7/10/22
to Neracar
A bit of a long shot would anyone know where I might be able to source the left frame strengthening plate that takes the engine mounts and cross shaft supports on a model A.

Thanks
Andy

andy pugh

Jul 10, 2022, 11:56:24 AM7/10/22
to andy.h...@gmail.com, Neracar
On Sun, 10 Jul 2022 at 16:33, andy.h...@gmail.com
<andy.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A bit of a long shot would anyone know where I might be able to source the left frame strengthening plate that takes the engine mounts and cross shaft supports on a model A.

I think that it is very likely that all the ones that exist are in use.

So, I think that the way to get one is to start by making a 3D model based on
https://www.geutskens.eu/neracar/105-106-Reinf%20Side,LH,RH.htm

And then either have a pattern 3D printed (scaled for shrinkage) and
cast, or machined from solid.

In theory you could have it directly printed, but that is likely to be
very expensive. But it would be trong enough, my employer is perfectly
happy to 3D print vehicle suspension parts for test cars.

Machining from solid will probably be stronger, and they do tend to break.

Are you any good at 3D modelling?

--
atp
lunatics."