Slipping Friction Wheel

andy.h...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2021, 3:22:20 PM9/13/21
to Neracar
Having woken the bike from 18 months of inactivity due to Covid I have found the friction drive is slipping more than it did before.

I have cleaned the face of the flywheel with brake cleaner but wondered what I could do with the fiction wheel which is looking very smooth and quite shiny.

Could I some brake cleaner on a rag to remove contamination or could I use a bit of wet and dry to rough the surface a little.

Has anyone done any revitalising of their friction wheel?

Plan to ride along with the Pioneer Run on Sunday 3rd October - anyone else going along?