Model A at auction

Martin Philp

Jan 31, 2022, 3:05:46 PM1/31/22
to Neracar Group
Hi,

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but the ex-Adrian Reed English Model A was sold at the Mecum Las Vegas auction. It wasn't very well listed, being described as a 'Ner A Car Type B' and had some photos mixed up with the US model which was the preceding lot. Apparently sold for $18700, or around £14K. Doesn't appear to be in as good condition as the ex Terry Smith bike, which is quoted as sold by Bonhams for £18400 in 2020 and went to Australia. The ex-Reed bike was previously sold at Bonhams in 2018, fetching £7475 incl. premium. It's got the lowest number engine we know of, 141. Anyway, if the bikes did indeed sell for the quoted prices then our bikes are well worth taking care of.

Martin