new toolchain

cyberstorm

Sep 1, 2007, 6:11:15 AM9/1/07
to neptune354-dev
Hi,
I have just uploaded on google groups a new uclibc compiler with
support to floating point and to rpc.
Floating point support gives us the possibility to compile and run new
applications, and to make finally traceroute work.
Rpc main use is to mount nfs, however I was not successful in this
task, I dont know if this depends on the uclibc libraries or on the
mount application from busybox, maybe you can do some tests too. Nfs
would be useful to put all the file system on a remote machine.

Toolchain is here:
http://neptune354-dev.googlegroups.com/web/mipsel-linux-uclibc.tar.bz2
You have to choices for deployment. The first way is do not mess up
the old toolchain, and place the folder wherever you like. In this
case you have modify the PATH variable, deleting the path to mipsfple-
uclibc, and adding the path to the new toolchain.
The second way is to replace the /opt/cy/mipsfple-uclibc folder with
the new toolchain.
Anyway this should not be a problem for most of you.....

For last, 2 warnings:
1)do not mix applications that use old and new toolchain in the same
firmware, because youll get a seg fault.
2)kernel building is not influenced by this new toolchain, because it
does not use uclibc libraries....

Jim Halfpenny

Sep 1, 2007, 6:29:30 AM9/1/07
to neptune...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've not seen your busybox build config, but there is a separate option to compile in NFS support for mount. You may also need NFS support in the kernel.

Regards,
Jim

Marco Vedovati

Sep 1, 2007, 6:32:18 AM9/1/07
to neptune...@googlegroups.com
yes i enabled it, but the mount application crashes. Using tcpdump i
see some network activity toward the nfs server, but I cant find out
the problem.

Jim Halfpenny

Sep 1, 2007, 7:45:31 AM9/1/07
to neptune...@googlegroups.com
It's worth considering which version of NFS the server is using. I don't think the tools on Neptune354 will support NFS v4, so ensure you're using v3. I'm not up to date on the NFS protocol so I don't know about backward compatibility, just a vague notion of what might be wrong.

Jim