Neptune354 site

Marco Vedovati

Apr 17, 2007, 8:20:00 AM4/17/07
to neptune...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I was thinking about opening a site for neptune354. As the
project has grown, I think my little blog is not the right place to
inform people about new firmware and to give them help. So we need a
place to host pages. I'd like a hosting solution with php+mysql, so
that we can handle forums and dynamic pages.
The fact is that I'm not so happy to pay for hosting, and I really
hate banners and shit like that.I am asking you if you know some good
provider for what I have in mind.
I dont want a provider who give you lot of space and features and
that he disappear after some months.

I know the italian provider http://altervista.org/ that gives you
-100MB of free space
-php & mysql
-10GB of bandwith

One possible alternative is to move all the project to sourceforge.

Do u know some good/popular alternatives? What do u think about
sourceforge/berlios/...?

cheers

marco

Advis

Apr 17, 2007, 8:42:52 AM4/17/07
to neptune354-dev
As far as free hosting goes, you get what you pay for which. I pay
£12.50 a year for 200mb space and 10GB bandwidth with PHP and mySQL
and for that price I'd never go back to free sites.

Sourceforge is probably better for this type of project. You'd have no
problem getting approved and they should be able to provide hosting
for a website.

Rail Aliev

Apr 17, 2007, 9:25:37 AM4/17/07
to neptune...@googlegroups.com
+1 for dedicated site.

I think SF is suitable place for such projects. You get WWW, SVN/CVS,
bug trucking, mailing lists etc.