Some fixes for r151

Rail Aliev

Apr 17, 2007, 8:01:10 AM4/17/07
to neptune354-dev
I suggest to make the following changes in r151.

1) add "set -e" to make.sh. If you have an error while build there is
no reason to go to the next command
2) add ipupdate target for router/Makefile. After upgrading to Etch
ipupdate is going to comiple by system gcc.

BTW, I need to install automake-1.4 and select it via
"update-alternatives --config automake" to get zebra compiled.

fixes.diff

cyberstorm

Apr 17, 2007, 10:47:17 AM4/17/07
to neptune354-dev
ok I have commimted your patch
thnx

toneworks

Apr 17, 2007, 7:49:28 PM4/17/07
to neptune354-dev
I tested svn monitor_ps changes. It seems we have a problem.
As you know, ntpd does not start when qos enabled. So when svn
monitor_ps is running and ntpd is not, it gets pid only for two first
procs: httpd and tftpd. All other procs neither load or are checked.
When ntpd is loaded, monitor_ps works ok. This could happen if any
proc in the chain is dead? hm..

Anyway I've finished some tiny changes in qos.asp. I added DNS as a
service and one more slot for "specific port" qos. I'll see if I add
that multiplier in UBR qos later.

http://users.forthnet.gr/her/gojira/dns_qos.tar.bz2

Pluto has some good tips that I've lended:) The problem with changing
qos it that everytime I try iptables mangle with marking on
postrouting chain, router freezes.

If someone can make a real bandwidth limit script working on wag354,
I'd like to see it.
Eg. limit http download at xx kb/sec.

cyberstorm

Apr 18, 2007, 3:53:18 PM4/18/07
to neptune354-dev
On 18 Apr, 01:49, toneworks <irgpla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tested svn monitor_ps changes. It seems we have a problem.
> As you know, ntpd does not start when qos enabled. So when svn
> monitor_ps is running and ntpd is not, it gets pid only for two first
> procs: httpd and tftpd. All other procs neither load or are checked.
> When ntpd is loaded, monitor_ps works ok. This could happen if any
> proc in the chain is dead? hm..

I was thinking about replacing the custom ntpd in our firmware with a
standard ntpd daemon. I think it would solve this problem. I will
check if this is feasible.

> Anyway I've finished some tiny changes in qos.asp. I added DNS as a
> service and one more slot for "specific port" qos. I'll see if I add
> that multiplier in UBR qos later.
>
> http://users.forthnet.gr/her/gojira/dns_qos.tar.bz2

commited

Rail Aliev

Apr 18, 2007, 4:19:10 PM4/18/07
to neptune...@googlegroups.com
> I was thinking about replacing the custom ntpd in our firmware with a
> standard ntpd daemon. I think it would solve this problem. I will
> check if this is feasible.

+1
I think OpenNTPD will be better. OpenWRT package is available at
https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/packages/net/openntpd

Maybe we need to to replace some other parts like monitor_ps and
ipupdate. Both of them don't work as expected (at least from my POV).

toneworks

Apr 18, 2007, 8:13:08 PM4/18/07
to neptune354-dev
Nice updates :D You rock.

I uncommented CTS Protection and frame bursting in
wireless_advanced.asp (and relocated them to show up correctly). I
don't know if they practically improve something. At least now their
values change in nvram.

http://users.forthnet.gr/her/gojira/Wireless_Advanced.asp