changes

cyberstorm

Mar 24, 2007, 10:40:40 AM3/24/07
to neptune354-dev
Hi all, lately I have done some changes in the sources.
-added uptime in the status page.
-added link to dhcp_reserved.asp in the index page
-added page pippo.asp for utilities

Now I have understood a bit more how to submit and execute functions
in web pages, and pressing buttons doesnt just link to a new page, but
does a "true" submit, handling also errors.
You can see it in the pippo.asp page.

Ruben

Mar 26, 2007, 11:25:52 AM3/26/07
to neptune354-dev

cyberstorm ha scritto:

Hi Marco,

I would like to install you new FW.
I downloaded the "1.01.57_005 EU WAG354G V2 busybox 1.2.1.zip" from
you site on esnips.com.

Is this release the last one? does it include the features you
describe in this post? How can I get it?

Thanks for your work,

Ruben

Marco Vedovati

Mar 26, 2007, 12:04:32 PM3/26/07
to neptune...@googlegroups.com

Il giorno 26/mar/07, alle ore 17:25, Ruben ha scritto:

> Hi Marco,
>
> I would like to install you new FW.
> I downloaded the "1.01.57_005 EU WAG354G V2 busybox 1.2.1.zip" from
> you site on esnips.com.
>
> Is this release the last one? does it include the features you
> describe in this post? How can I get it?

The images on esnips.com does not come from the project
neptune354 .They are compiled by an italian guy for the V2 and
include only few changes that are:
1)fixed wireless drivers
2)busybox 1.2.1
3)telnet access
4)new adsl drivers

neptune354 instead is for the V1 version of the router, and still
there isn't a public image with the latest changes.

I think it's not hard to port changes to V2, but I will not spend
time on it.

regards

Marco

toneworks

Mar 26, 2007, 2:17:32 PM3/26/07
to neptune354-dev
Ο/Η cyberstorm έγραψε:

> Hi all, lately I have done some changes in the sources.
> -added uptime in the status page.
> -added link to dhcp_reserved.asp in the index page
> -added page pippo.asp for utilities

Ok, I'm on revision 080. I've tested changes, all work fine. There's a
graphical glitch (I think) in management.asp, but it can be fixed
later on. I checked dhcp_reserved.asp links. It was ok, but I decided
to change a little bit that page, to look like the other ones in the
menu. Tell me what you think.

http://users.forthnet.gr/her/gojira/dhcp_reserved.zip

Marco Vedovati

Mar 26, 2007, 2:45:23 PM3/26/07
to neptune...@googlegroups.com
good work. I have just commited the new dhcp page plus fixes in
Management page and custom ssh port.
I have also added the ability to ssh to accept connections from wan
side, but this does not work. I think the problem is not my changes
but the bad firewall rules of the original firmware.

If I run this script instead connections are accepted:

#!/bin/sh
# Firewall script that allows access to my WAG354G
#These rules will be overwritten by the http://192.168.1.1/
Forward_UPnP.asp page

# Location of iptables command
IPTABLES=/usr/sbin/iptables

# Flush existing firewall rules
$IPTABLES --flush

# Delete any chains from previous scripts
$IPTABLES --delete-chain

# Change the default policy of all three chains to DROP
$IPTABLES -P INPUT DROP

#$IPTABLES -P FORWARD DROP # if this is enabled I cant do anything
from my LAN!
$IPTABLES -P OUTPUT DROP

# Use stateful inspection feature to only allow incoming connections
# related to connections I have already established myself
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A OUTPUT -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
#what about established FORWARD?

# Allow the world access to ports 22/80 on my WAG354G,

$IPTABLES -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT # internal ssh now works
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT # internal modem web
pages now acce
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -i ppp0 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT #this now works!

# Other rules may be needed to allow other required ports

# Included to allow the script to exit gracefully
exit 0

Next thing I'd like to do is to upgrade from squashfs 1.1 to 3.0.
Until now I cannot find the kernel sources for squashfs 3.0 + lzma .