Neptune354 for v2 hardware

jim.ha...@gmail.com

May 23, 2007, 4:39:04 AM5/23/07
to neptune354-dev
Hi,
I'm working on a WAG354G v2 build for Neptune354. Is anyone else doing
this, I don't want to duplicate effort.

Regards,
Jim Halfpenny

Marco Vedovati

May 23, 2007, 2:11:00 PM5/23/07
to neptune...@googlegroups.com

No, nobody is already working on this as far as i know.
Maybe you need a serial console, have u already managed to make it
working?
Keep in mind that v2 hardware has a different wireless chipset...

good luck,

marco

Jim Halfpenny

May 24, 2007, 8:27:39 AM5/24/07
to neptune...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've just started working on this, and I've built firmware based on small modification from the Linksys code. My approach to the V2 hardware will be:

* Take the V1 neptune354 code
* Replace the linux kernel code with the code from 1.01.58
* Replace the ti tools with the 1.01.58 version
* Merge router/Makefile
* ???
* Profit!

Since the hardware is mostly the same this should work, since the wifi driver should be in the kernel source tree somewhere.

I'm also enabling NFS in my kernel so I can mount a remote file system. This should really enhance the fimeware since we can run tools that cannot fit into the firmware image.

I'll let you know how I get on and post the firmware if it works.

Regards,
Jim