kelo

dimmy

Mar 9, 2008, 5:05:43 PM3/9/08
to NeoPatwa
Xanti Jens,
Skusi for writing in English.
I found no word for "clock" in E-NP dictionary and thought that maybe
you like "kelo" (Finnish). It's close to clock but easier.

Dmitry

Jens Wilkinson

Mar 10, 2008, 4:25:58 AM3/10/08
to neop...@googlegroups.com
Xanti Dimmy,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 6:05 AM, dimmy <l-...@inbox.ru> wrote:

Xanti Jens,
Skusi for writing in English.

No problem. It's better than Russian! :-) No, mi pensa soma pakai Neo Patwa muito aca, ako no muito fasil.

I found no word for "clock" in E-NP dictionary and thought that maybe
you like "kelo" (Finnish). It's close to clock but easier.

Dmitry

I will think about that. I don't know if "clock" should be a root word, though. I think "time-tool" might be better. Though it sounds like a "time machine" in English.

Mi di pensa:

Clock: wela-ada
Time machine: wela-safari di ada.

-Jens

dimmy

Mar 11, 2008, 4:02:40 AM3/11/08
to NeoPatwa
On 10 мар, 11:25, "Jens Wilkinson" <jenswilkin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Xanti Dimmy,
>
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 6:05 AM, dimmy <l-...@inbox.ru> wrote:
>
> > Xanti Jens,
> > Skusi for writing in English.
>
> No problem. It's better than Russian! :-)

Whom how.

It's an anecdote: Two Russians meet in London:
- How many time?
- Without twenty two.
- This very many.
- Whom how.

(Literal translation of "komu kak" - it depends, it's individual.)

> I will think about that. I don't know if "clock" should be a root word,
> though. I think "time-tool" might be better. Though it sounds like a "time
> machine" in English.
>
> Mi di pensa:
>
> Clock: wela-ada
> Time machine: wela-safari di ada.

Muito aca.
(Lekin mi personally prefer a non-compound word for such a usual
simple thing)