Auction foolishness

Nick Andrews

Oct 5, 2022, 6:01:33 PM10/5/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I...bid on some more junk, I mean stuff, Monday night.  Driving to NM Saturday and will go up to ABQ to pick them up.  Two units, an HP 5245L counter with 5252A and a 5243L with a (maybe) 5262A Time Interval unit.  Also a 5214L Preset Counter.  And then a Eldorado Elec 783G Time Interval Counter, which is the only one that had a picture of it plugged in and turned on.  And a whole lot of other crap I shouldn't have bid on!  $300 for a pickup load worth.  A NIM bin with the 6V add-on, and another bin without any power supply, about 6 or more modules, and a bunch of other rack-mount HV or pulse power supplies and such. But am most excited about the nixie-display instruments.

Anyone know about manuals for the HP 5214L and Eldorado 783G?

gregebert

Oct 5, 2022, 6:45:21 PM10/5/22
to neonixie-l
Congrats on the boat anchors. I got a 5245 a few years ago at a local surplus store, cuz it has nixies of course. You can find manuals online. I have the 10X prescaler that takes it up past 500Mhz. Amazing this thing still works. Just be warned that it will draw energy when plugged-in (even while off) to run the crystal oven.

Nick Andrews

Oct 5, 2022, 6:48:25 PM10/5/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  Yeah, as always some manuals are easy to find, while others remain elusive...  I'll wait to print the ones I found out at work until I get the units safely back to San Antonio for evaluation.  My buddy said they look dirty and have evidence of rodents nearby...