NL7037's...

Nicholas Stock

Jul 29, 2022, 11:25:22 AM7/29/22
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jumbo-National-NL-7037-Nixie-Tubes-NIB-Set-of-4-w-sockets-/234639508700?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

...reaches for popcorn.....

Not my listing etc etc... anyone want to take bets as to how much these will go for?

Cheers,

Nick

Kevin A.

Jul 29, 2022, 11:28:49 AM7/29/22
to neonixie-l
$1200-$1500 for the lot

bogdanp...@yahoo.com

Jul 29, 2022, 11:48:43 AM7/29/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Over 2100 USD

Greg P

Jul 29, 2022, 12:29:18 PM7/29/22
to neonixie-l
Gotta be one of the ugliest tubes out there IMHO.  Anode mesh is very coarse and the cathodes are thick and obstruct each other.  Guess people are paying for scarcity and the rounded top.

Z568M / Z5680M or Dalibor tubes way nicer and cheaper.

My guess $1600 for the lot.

Michail Wilson

Jul 29, 2022, 12:33:25 PM7/29/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Strange, he is the guy that was selling 10x B-5971, but said he couldn’t test only a few days ago.   Seems he is able to test just fine.

Michail

bogdanp...@yahoo.com

Jul 29, 2022, 1:00:22 PM7/29/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Agree with you that they are ugly
But It would be nice to have in your colection at least one NIB with matching socket

Sent from my iPhone

On 29 Jul 2022, at 19:29, 'Greg P' via neonixie-l <neoni...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Gotta be one of the ugliest tubes out there IMHO.  Anode mesh is very coarse and the cathodes are thick and obstruct each other.  Guess people are paying for scarcity and the rounded top.

Nicholas Stock

Jul 29, 2022, 1:02:41 PM7/29/22
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
Not dissimilar to NL934's, and they're quite nice looking IMO. Each to their own! CD47's, now they're fugly.....

Nick Andrews

Jul 29, 2022, 1:47:13 PM7/29/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I dunno, I like them.  But not gonna pay.

gregebert

Jul 29, 2022, 6:34:01 PM7/29/22
to neonixie-l
I'm going to save my $$ for a set of Dalibor's H tubes.....
Message has been deleted

Nick Andrews

Aug 2, 2022, 10:05:24 AM8/2/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
What's wrong with nipples?  Hehe...  How about the little baby IN-17 with a nipple on the side?

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 2:56 AM Paul Andrews <pa...@nixies.us> wrote:
People think they are ugly until they see them. Tubes with nipples on top - now they’re ugly.

Audrey

Aug 2, 2022, 10:07:45 AM8/2/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Not to be that guy, but IN-2

Nick Andrews

Aug 2, 2022, 10:11:21 AM8/2/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, that's what I typed, must've been autocorrect...yeah that's it...

Message has been deleted

Nicholas Stock

Aug 2, 2022, 11:19:25 AM8/2/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Short lived. No Hg. I have to replace them pretty frequently in one of my clocks (one every 6 months or so), they appear to develop infernal shorts... cheap as nuts though...

Sent from my iPhone

Nick Andrews

Aug 2, 2022, 12:03:49 PM8/2/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I think I bought a hundred of them some time back, and some of other 'cheap' at the time ones.  Haven't looked at prices lately, too scary.  The seller included some extras for breakage, and a few did have the filler nip snapped off.  I set those aside for experimenting once I get my high vacuum station set up.  It shouldn't take much mercury at all to regas one and test it...

Audrey

Aug 2, 2022, 12:09:31 PM8/2/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Ooh, good luck with that nick

Nick Andrews

Aug 2, 2022, 12:22:38 PM8/2/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
It's on the list of crazy crap to try with my ever-growing junk pile!  Most important is that last night I got the mini split ceiling cassette hung in the shop and running.  Hoping 1 ton is enough in this TX heat.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Paul Andrews

Aug 2, 2022, 3:42:35 PM8/2/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Ooh, you’ve got the NL863 +/- tubes.

On Aug 2, 2022, at 3:30 PM, 'Bogdan Paduraru' via neonixie-l <neoni...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

588D8827-6265-47BD-8A3D-51295588A75E.jpg
FE017AB2-6D6D-4A48-817E-897FAE8CC5FA.jpg
And these have nipples on the bottom ..
I still think that the best looking  front view tube is the ZM1040/ZM1042
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "neonixie-l" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/7cdc1ba1-60fd-4ee3-9ab4-dc52314e56cfn%40googlegroups.com.
588D8827-6265-47BD-8A3D-51295588A75E.jpgFE017AB2-6D6D-4A48-817E-897FAE8CC5FA.jpg

bogdan paduraru

Aug 2, 2022, 3:47:37 PM8/2/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul
I think I might  did something as I tried to respond to your message , but I am not sure if I managed to delete anything

On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 10:30:23 PM GMT+3, Paul Andrews <pa...@nixies.us> wrote:

Interesting. Was my comment deleted?
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "neonixie-l" group.

bogdan paduraru

Aug 2, 2022, 3:50:09 PM8/2/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Yep :)
B-7037 , and NL-7038 but no NL-7037 (that's why I don't like them )

Nick Andrews

Aug 2, 2022, 4:13:20 PM8/2/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Poor little feller.  I used to have a garage microwave for experimental use.

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 2:30 PM gregebert <greg...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Short lived. No Hg. I have to replace them pretty frequently in one of my clocks (one every 6 months or so), they appear to develop infernal shorts... cheap as nuts though...

IN-1's ???   I gave-up on those years ago when I found internal shorts literally growing between cathodes. Zapping them with high current is just a temporary fix, because they regrow. They do give off a beautiful purple-red glow when you fire them off in a microwave oven.

Kevin A.

Aug 4, 2022, 7:55:25 PM8/4/22
to neonixie-l
Looks like the hammer dropped at $1,533.00

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022, 11:25 AM Nicholas Stock <nick...@gmail.com> wrote:

Nicholas Stock

Aug 4, 2022, 7:59:30 PM8/4/22
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
Yep, That's a lot of $$$ for 4 tubes, but hey, if it brings someone joy, then that's alright!