RE: [neonixie-l] Free Virtual 3D Nixie Clock w/mouse control, zoom as website

Message has been deleted

Michail Wilson

Aug 2, 2022, 5:31:24 PM8/2/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Pretty kewl.

Ummm, all the mouse movements are reversed for me.  Even the zoom in/out.

Michail

Aug 3, 2022, 12:25:53 AM8/3/22
to neonixie-l
I'm very impressed with the realtime rendering. The cathodes are "stacked" like a real nixie, and at an angle, they disappear behind adjacent nixies. Reflective flat surfaces (anodes) are accurately modeled; even tube pins will disappear, then reappear as the clock is rotated. I'm not 100% sure about the reflections on the curved glass surface; those would be tricky to render. Well done !!

On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 3:09:07 PM UTC-7 j.lau...@gmx.de wrote:
Thanks for setting my post properly up. Using Chromium now for better compatibility.
Message has been deleted

Michail Wilson

Aug 3, 2022, 2:44:44 PM8/3/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Strange, it hasn’t changed for me.

Scroll forward should zoom in, but still dooms out.  I did click the Swap5 several times without a change.

Scroll back should zoom out, but still dooms in.  Same test with multiple Button clicks without a change.

It could be argued that Y-Axis should be reversed, but it depends on the person.

Basically, it remains the same.  The swap5 button has no affect for me in Chrome or Edge.

Michail Wilson

206-920-6312

Aug 3, 2022, 5:46:25 PM8/3/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

No, I used the computer.

The outline (orange) appears when I hover over the button.

I can click it and it would have a white highlight, but as soon as I release, it goes back to orange.  And, when I hover away from the button, it goes back to normal.

Michail

Aug 5, 2022, 1:35:28 PM8/5/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Left, right, up, and down now work for me, but the scroll doesn’t.

Scroll in (up) should zoom in.

Scholl out (back/down) should zoom out.

I’ll take the messages private to avoid spam.

Michail

Aug 5, 2022, 2:31:29 PM8/5/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

I AM using the mouse wheel.

Roll the finger wheel forward makes the screen zoom out (away)

Roll the finger wheel back towards me makes the screen zoom in (closer to the nixie).

This is reverse of what it should be.

Michail

Aug 5, 2022, 3:52:10 PM8/5/22
to neonixie-l

On Aug 5, 2022, at 3:17 AM, Joachim Laugwitz <j.lau...@gmx.de> wrote:

Please try it with Firefox. Must be something from your side, as this is very first feedback where something does not work as expected.

In macOS 10.14 (Mojave) Safari gives me a blank page no matter what I do. In Firefox I can see the image, adjust the point of view and zoom. If anything else is supposed to be on the page it's not visible.

Note that this is with all ad and junk blocking turned off which is unfortunate. Regardless, it's pretty cool.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor”

https://www.astarcloseup.com

"Never install version point-zero of anything"

Message has been deleted