Holy (Neon) H !

threeneurons

Feb 2, 2018, 11:54:49 PM2/2/18
to neonixie-l
My nephew dumped an "H" sign character off at the shop. I just saw it there one day. I asked him about it, and he said, it was gift for a friend ... after it was converted to LEDs. He asked if I could do it, and also make it respond to sound. I said, sure, and that I actual make a kit, to do the very thing he wanted. I peaked inside, and found the following:

A big neon H, about 2 x 2 feet (or a little bigger than half a meter a side).

So my payment for the conversion, is that I get to keep this large piece of neon filled glass. Btw, its lit up by an old ignition coil, driven by a 555 chopper circuit.

John Snow

Feb 3, 2018, 1:39:11 AM2/3/18
to neonixie-l
I'm afraid you've been ripped off - this is clearly a giant 'I' turned sideways.

Dave

Feb 3, 2018, 10:41:59 AM2/3/18
to neonixie-l
Now THAT's a good Nephew !