9-segment nixie posted on Ebay

gregebert

Apr 22, 2020, 12:50:11 PM4/22/20
to neonixie-l
Not my item / no affiliation:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXPERIMENTAL-NIXIE-TUBE-DEVELOPMENT-SAMPLE-PANDICON-RARE-UNIQUE-9-segment/223985955147?hash=item34269a714b:g:RKwAAOSwKk5eoG8n

9-segment displays are uncommon, and the nice thing about them is you can make fairly decent-looking words with them.
I have a similar tube (Burroughs 13404) which was used in some sort of HP instrument, and will be making something with it soon.

I hope to see someone make something from this.

SWISSNIXIE - Jonathan F.

Apr 23, 2020, 7:26:31 AM4/23/20
to neonixie-l
Hopefully i will get this one :)

Paul Andrews

Apr 23, 2020, 5:16:18 PM4/23/20
to neonixie-l
Not if I have my way!

j/k. Not bidding.

I watched the CD27 auction, which was UK only. Would probably have gone for even more if it were international.

celzey11

Apr 29, 2020, 8:38:40 AM4/29/20
to neonixie-l
Well someone  bid it up to $100...

gregebert

Apr 29, 2020, 12:30:14 PM4/29/20
to neonixie-l
And it finally sold for 255 USD. I hope the winner is in this forum and makes something with it.

celzey11

Apr 29, 2020, 12:46:45 PM4/29/20
to neonixie-l
Yikes. I thought it was cool. Maybe $80 cool, not $250 cool.

Nicholas Stock

Apr 29, 2020, 12:48:28 PM4/29/20
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
Welcome to the ever-increasingly crazy world of nixie tube pricing..... 🙁

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 9:46 AM celzey11 <celz...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yikes. I thought it was cool. Maybe $80 cool, not $250 cool.

SWISSNIXIE - Jonathan F.

Apr 29, 2020, 4:05:07 PM4/29/20
to neonixie-l
I was in until 125$.

jb-electronics

Apr 29, 2020, 8:00:04 PM4/29/20
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I thought it was $250 cool, but I would not have gone much higher. Jens

Paul Andrews

Apr 29, 2020, 8:42:10 PM4/29/20
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
😉

On Apr 29, 2020, at 8:00 PM, jb-electronics <webm...@jb-electronics.de> wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "neonixie-l" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/1b445d5b-03b6-95b6-dcc3-9cbfb13a39f4%40jb-electronics.de.

Bill Notfaded

May 9, 2020, 8:23:31 PM5/9/20
to neonixie-l
Did you buy it Paul?

Bill

Audrey

Jul 27, 2022, 4:09:41 PM7/27/22
to neonixie-l
Does anyone have any photos of this listing saved?

Mac Doktor

Jul 27, 2022, 4:54:04 PM7/27/22
to neonixie-l

On Jul 27, 2022, at 4:09 PM, Audrey <tntm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Does anyone have any photos of this listing saved?

Yes. I have the eBay listing saved as a Safari web archive plus all of the hi-res pictures. Here are the better shots with no motion blur:

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

“...the book said something astonishing, a very big thought. The stars, it said, were suns but very far away. The Sun was a star but close up.”—Carl Sagan, "The Backbone Of Night", Cosmos, 1980

Audrey

Jul 27, 2022, 4:56:22 PM7/27/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Wow!! Thanks a million mac 😉

s-l1600-11.jpeg
s-l1600-4.jpeg
s-l1600.jpeg
s-l1600-8.jpeg
s-l1600-9.jpeg
s-l1600-10.jpeg

Mac Doktor

Jul 27, 2022, 5:17:56 PM7/27/22
to neonixie-l

On Jul 27, 2022, at 4:56 PM, Audrey <tntm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Wow!! Thanks a million mac 😉

I have a large eBay archive that's mostly test equipment with Nixies, Dekatrons etc. I also have a few manuals for said gear.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

"Would you like to see the relevant data?"—343 Guilty Spark, Halo 2

Audrey

Jul 27, 2022, 5:21:03 PM7/27/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I would kill for a copy of your archive.

Nick Andrews

Jul 27, 2022, 5:36:11 PM7/27/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Careful what you offer, I think Terry has a long list he might give you.  People who outbid him, those who destroyed classic vintage test gear just to sell the tubes, etc....

Mac Doktor

Jul 27, 2022, 5:36:26 PM7/27/22
to neonixie-l

On Jul 27, 2022, at 5:20 PM, Audrey <tntm...@gmail.com> wrote:

I would kill for a copy of your archive.

Well, it's 2.5GB not including some files are in other directories. The counters alone are 700MB.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

Audrey

Jul 27, 2022, 5:40:36 PM7/27/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
If it's not too much effort I would *love* that

Nicholas Stock

Jul 27, 2022, 5:44:37 PM7/27/22
to 'Greg P' via neonixie-l
We could add that to the group archive if you're willing Terry?

Mac Doktor

Jul 27, 2022, 9:22:45 PM7/27/22
to neonixie-l
On Jul 27, 2022, at 5:40 PM, Audrey <tntm...@gmail.com> wrote:

If it's not too much effort I would *love* that

I just had to open my big mouth...

On Jul 27, 2022, at 5:44 PM, Nicholas Stock <nick...@gmail.com> wrote:

We could add that to the group archive if you're willing Terry?

It's possible but I'd have to do some reorganization. It's not all in the same place. Might take a while.

Sadly, a lot of eBay listings got past me and I never saved them. I lost the impetus at some point. Just too much to keep up with.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

Edward R. Murrow: “Who owns the patent on this vaccine?”
Dr. Jonas Salk: “Well, the people, I would say. There is no patent. Could you patent the sun?”—See It Now, 12 April 1955

bogdan paduraru

Jul 28, 2022, 9:31:06 AM7/28/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Terry ,
This look very interesting
I look forward to see what you gathered over time