Soviet DMM Front Panel Labelling

Mac Doktor

Aug 13, 2022, 3:34:05 PM8/13/22
to neonixie-l
Another ex-Soviet Nixie DMM:

Take a look at the last picture. The prefix is a capitol letter pi ("П") and the rotary switch is set to "R" (Roman alphabet) with a downward pointing arrow next to. What do these things indicate?

I've been wondering what the capitol pi was used for since the first time I saw an IN-19V. Anyone?

I'm seriously tempted but the shipping for the 4kg package is a bit steep.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

"Would you like to see the relevant data?"—343 Guilty Spark, Halo 2

Nick Andrews

Aug 14, 2022, 2:13:39 AM8/14/22
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, shipping is worse than ever.

kosbo.com

Aug 22, 2022, 12:30:29 PM8/22/22
to neonixie-l
Hi Terry,
Rotary switch is set to "R" (Roman alphabet)   means Resistance measument.
 Letter pi ("П") indicates "Перегрузка",  which means overload or overflow...

All the best, Konstantin